Fund raisng | Syracusefan.com

Fund raisng

PFCuse14

Walk On
Perhaps this has already been discussed and if it has I apologize. Every year I get a phone call from students asking for donations to the university. Why doesn't the athletic dept. use this same stratedgy to raise funds. I know I would be more likely to donate to a new football stadium than to the schools endowment.

It's too bad they can't have the players from all the sports do it but I have a feeling it would illegal for scholarship athletes to do so even though regular students can do it.

Phonathon callers don't like to ask for money for specific things usually, since unrestricted donations are highly coveted. However, you can always specify that you would like your donation to go to whatever you like. Athletics in general, or specific sports like football or basketball. I'm not 100% sure how SU's fundraising department is structured, so you might be able to narrow down where your money goes even further.

I'm not 100% sure how SU's fundraising department is structured, so you might be able to narrow down where your money goes even further.
For the general donations you can specify exactly how things are used. My donation is split three ways, with one of them being to a specific scholarship fund at a particular school.

I'm not sure if the normal dialing-for-dollars campaign is set up for athletics donations, but I would hope that they are. I was going to suggest using the Athletics specific giving page, but that is not a secure webpage which keeps me from recommending that route.
The general giving page (see below) let's you specify Athletics and the "Gift is to be used for" space should let you specify exactly how you want the funds to be used (Football: Indoor Practice Facility, Field Hockey, etc.).

Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 9.37.21 AM.png

For the general donations you can specify exactly how things are used. My donation is split three ways, with one of them being to a specific scholarship fund at a particular school.

I'm not sure if the normal dialing-for-dollars campaign is set up for athletics donations, but I would hope that they are. I was going to suggest using the Athletics specific giving page, but that is not a secure webpage which keeps me from recommending that route.
The general giving page (see below) let's you specify Athletics and the "Gift is to be used for" space should let you specify exactly how you want the funds to be used (Football: Indoor Practice Facility, Field Hockey, etc.).

View attachment 830

You can give to Athletics over the phone.

View attachment 830

I would suggest giving this way also and just marking it for athletics and in the box "gift is to be used for", specifying cheaper beer.

View attachment 830

Thanks for the breakdown. I wonder if SU actually has specific funds/accounts set-up for things like a practice facility and whatnot, or if they just have larger buckets, like facilities renovations and maintenance or something like that.

I wonder if SU actually has specific funds/accounts set-up for things like a practice facility and whatnot, or if they just have larger buckets, like facilities renovations and maintenance or something like that.
I'm sure they have separate accounting for major items. If in doubt, simply call the Orange Club at Manley. They may even take your CC info on that call.