FYI (in regards to Dion contract) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

FYI (in regards to Dion contract)

OMG I forgot about the whole Shaq/Marion/Wallace bring worse with LeBron discussion.

Good times.

Good point. Dion's never played well for brief stretches of an 82 game season.

He was never a conference player of the week.

He's in a good situation for himself and is outperforming his contract by far. He caught a bad break last summer, and is putting himself in position to make up for it this year.

He had never done much but show flashes of potential in Cleveland, but some people went way overboard in trying to make him some kind of joke after like 30 games with Lebron. If we remember, that Cleveland team as a whole struggled big time for much of that season. It wasn't anywhere near all Dion's fault like some like to pretend. He was a solid contribute in last year's playoffs, and is having a nice season this year.

He was never a conference player of the week.

He's in a good situation for himself and is outperforming his contract by far. He caught a bad break last summer, and is putting himself in position to make up for it this year.

He had never done much but show flashes of potential in Cleveland, but some people went way overboard in trying to make him some kind of joke after like 30 games with Lebron. If we remember, that Cleveland team as a whole struggled big time for much of that season. It wasn't anywhere near all Dion's fault like some like to pretend. He was a solid contribute in last year's playoffs, and is having a nice season this year.

Well, his contact was awful. No one ever argued that.

I want him to succeed because obviously it's a good look for SU .But I just feel like I've seen this movie before where Dion goes on a run of great play, then it's back to baseline.

Well, his contact was awful. No one ever argued that.

I want him to succeed because obviously it's a good look for SU .But I just feel like I've seen this movie before where Dion goes on a run of great play, then it's back to baseline.

He had a great run at the end of year 2 when Kyrie was out. If I remember he ran point and averaged around 20 and 5 and hit a game winner. So you're right.

But, I do think this is his best run. 11 in a row, and Eastern Conference player of the week is great stuff.

He's not a good enough spot up shooter or off the ball player to shine in that role playing with KD, Westbrook, and Lebron. He was at his best in OKC when he was handling the ball and making plays for the second unit, and hustling on D.

The Dragic pairing might be a good fit for him...not a ball dominant superstar where Dion has got to play 100% off the ball, but a solid player who is a PG that can also go off ball and spot up and shoot, giving Dion a chance to make plays with the ball too but not 100% relying on him there. That type of guy might be the best compliment to Dion's game. Largely guessing here, because I honestly have only been watching the highlights of these Heat games.

By the way, any Dion highlights set to Celine Dion lately? Anyone teeheeing at that BS anymore?

I remember when people tried to run Austin Rivers out of the league when he sucked early on and now he's a decent player on a good team. Sometimes young, early 20 something players get better.

By the way, any Dion highlights set to Celine Dion lately? Anyone teeheeing at that BS anymore?

I remember when people tried to run Austin Rivers out of the league when he sucked early on and now he's a decent player on a good team. Sometimes young, early 20 something players get better.
Yeah, but dude, you can't develop in the NBA, and nobody in the NBA cares about helping players get better. Everybody knows that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom