Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

I saw Frank play in person at Paul VI multiple times (only a few miles from where I live). He was pretty dominant. If you put together a highlight reel from the games I saw it would look nearly identical. Honestly you can’t tell much from a highlight reel against obviously inferior talent. Just because a guy makes all his threes and makes good passes on the reel doesn’t mean it’s how he plays all the time.

Didn't they have a much bigger star on that team who went to Oregon or somewhere out west? I think his name was King. I always thought Frank was the 2nd or 3rd best guy on his team.

Didn't they have a much bigger star on that team who went to Oregon or somewhere out west? I think his name was King. I always thought Frank was the 2nd or 3rd best guy on his team.

I believe you're referring to VJ King who played at Louisville.

And unless we lose a bunch of frontcourt players, neither does IJ. Kid is talented and likely challenges the current wings from day 1. No idea what happens with Howard Washington. Love the kid- but hard to say. Also- Carey is still a work in progress. What if he doesn't improve? If Hughes leaves- Richmond is the type of player who could help fill depth there.

Well, I think the front court has less talent than the backcourt, overall. I think Guerrier is probably the best player on the team this year, along with Hughes (who I am afraid is going to shoot too many 3's and regress a bit). But after those 2 guys, the front court is anemic. IF there is a stud out there, take him!

If you look at the backcourt, we are in much better shape. Nobody is leaving early, unless they don't play and want to transfer.

Well, I think the front court has less talent than the backcourt, overall. I think Guerrier is probably the best player on the team this year, along with Hughes (who I am afraid is going to shoot too many 3's and regress a bit). But after those 2 guys, the front court is anemic. IF there is a stud out there, take him!

If you look at the backcourt, we are in much better shape. Nobody is leaving early, unless they don't play and want to transfer.

In fairness I disagree on Hughes. Not sure where signs are he regresses. But that is debatable elsewhere. As for talent in the frontcourt, you have Braswell looking great, Dolezaj plus so far the two centers behind Sidibe show some promise. Knowing the developmental curve at the 5 I would argue it's not all that different in terms of having a logjam.

THANK GOD YOU CAUGHT THAT - PEOPLE IN HERE GETTING ALL CARRIED AWAY ABOUT A PROMISING RECRUIT

Yeah happens all the time, hard to believe we're a .500 ACC team and on the bubble every single year because our amazing gets year in and year out.

Such a bad bad man I am for wanting top 30 and 40 guys like we did when we were in the top 15. (Awaiting responses on how this kid is really a top 20 guy)

And unless we lose a bunch of frontcourt players, neither does IJ. Kid is talented and likely challenges the current wings from day 1. No idea what happens with Howard Washington. Love the kid- but hard to say. Also- Carey is still a work in progress. What if he doesn't improve? If Hughes leaves- Richmond is the type of player who could help fill depth there.

Well, if we are going to lose players, who are your most likely picks?

1. Hughes
2. Guerrier
3. Marek
4. Howard Washington

3 forwards and 1 guard make up my list.

Yeah happens all the time, hard to believe we're a .500 ACC team and on the bubble every single year because our amazing gets year in and year out.

Such a bad bad man I am for wanting top 30 and 40 guys like we did when we were in the top 15. (Awaiting responses on how this kid is really a top 20 guy)
Did you want Andre Jackson ?

Well, if we are going to lose players, who are your most likely picks?

1. Hughes
2. Guerrier
3. Marek
4. Howard Washington

3 forwards and 1 guard make up my list.

Richmond is a wing who could step into a role similar to Hughes so in terms of players he could step in for it's 2/2.

And my list doesn't look much different tbh. I would say if Carey goes backwards or doesn't progress he might be #5

Think Andre may be more impactful initially but Kadary should pan out as the better player over time

In fairness I disagree on Hughes. Not sure where signs are he regresses. But that is debatable elsewhere. As for talent in the frontcourt, you have Braswell looking great, Dolezaj plus so far the two centers behind Sidibe show some promise. Knowing the developmental curve at the 5 I would argue it's not all that different in terms of having a logjam.

Because he's expected to be "The Man" this year. I hate when we do that, because the player plays less within the team concept. He's more concerned with his NBA audition. The only guy I recall who really lived up to that was Wes Johnson in his one year here.

For recent examples of what I'm talking about, see, e.g., sophomore year Brissett, sophomore year Tyus Battle (went from 37% from three as the third option to 32% when he became the leading scorer). If we want to go back in time, obviously there are more examples.

Richmond is a wing who could step into a role similar to Hughes so in terms of players he could step in for it's 2/2.

He either has to play wing for Hughes, or he has to beat out Carey and Goodine (and Washington?) to play point.

Did you want Andre Jackson ?

I recognized that he is explosive on the drive and in the open court. I was very concerned that he really wanted to play guard, and just isn't that good of a shooter.

Because he's expected to be "The Man" this year. I hate when we do that, because the player plays less within the team concept. He's more concerned with his NBA audition. The only guy I recall who really lived up to that was Wes Johnson in his one year here.

For recent examples of what I'm talking about, see, e.g., sophomore year Brissett, sophomore year Tyus Battle (went from 37% from three as the third option to 32% when he became the leading scorer). If we want to go back in time, obviously there are more examples.

Haven't all our good teams had that "guy" though? Their success is often predicated on the quality of the guys around them. With multiple scorers t and threats this year, you could argue there is less reliance on the one guy than there was in others.

Definitely some good hair!
image.jpg