Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

JB likes big guards imagine Kadary and Buddy at the top of the zone that's 6'-6" and 6'-5" with good and great shooting.

Goodine and Carey are also big guards with long arms - and they are talented. It's going to be crowded.

Goodine and Carey are also big guards with long arms - and they are talented. It's going to be crowded.
That's a good thing! We are very closing to getting back to where we want to be recruiting wise despite all the noise to the contrary.

He's crafty. Like a bigger Scoop. A nice piece, but not the piece. My initial assessment was Ron Patterson, but he's much bigger and more fluid. Not a top-shelf athlete though, but we've been getting beat up by players like him for years now.

He's crafty. Like a bigger Scoop. A nice piece, but not the piece. My initial assessment was Ron Patterson, but he's much bigger and more fluid. Not a top-shelf athlete though, but we've been getting beat up by players like him for years now.

I forget who compared him to T J Warren above in this thread, but I agree - he strikes me as one of those kinds of players that NC State seems to torture us with every year.

The Post-Standard article confirmed what I knew. This is a move solely about his grades. By reading between the lines, he was likely to not have qualified under the NCAA clearinghouse had he gone to college straight out of the 12th grade.

I think he makes a bunch of sense. He wouldn't need to grow much to become a forward and be a 2-3. Has a guard skill set. We've got to put our scholarships towards somebody. He likes us and profiles as pretty talented.

Plus, the closer we get to Buddy's senior year, the weirder recruiting is going to get with an uncertain head coach situation. Getting guys now when that's not as big a worry is a smart play for the program's future.

Next year we already have these guards returning:

Buddy Boeheim - junior
Jalen Carey - junior
Joe Girard - sophomore
Brycen Goodine - sophomore
Howard Washington - senior

I could see one of those guys transfer, maybe two if someone in particular has a terrible year. But it's still awfully crowded back there.

Buddy Boeheim - junior
Jalen Carey - junior
Joe Girard - sophomore

I could see one of those guys transfer, maybe two if someone in particular has a terrible year. But it's still awfully crowded back there.
I think we always need a guard long enough and athletic enough to play in the back of the zone. None of those players can do that IMO

Can never have too many guards in this day and age. Everyone will make everyone else better

Can never have too many guards in this day and age. Everyone will make everyone else better

On paper you can't have too many, but when playing time isnt spread out players want out. Would I rather sit on the pine at Syracuse or play 35 minutes a game at DePaul? Ill head go DePaul.

Im glad we are landing top recruits on the hoops side of Cuse Athletics maybe Jimmy B can share some of his secrets with Dino.

Next years class looks stacked, well done coaches!
A “stacked” class is relative compared to Duke’s and UNC classes.

Buddy Boeheim - junior
Jalen Carey - junior
Joe Girard - sophomore

Call me crazy but maybe they are thinking farther down the line than just his freshman year.

By Richmond's Jr year, Boeheim, Carey and Washington will all be gone, and it would not shock me at all if Goodine is in the pros. Girard may very well turn out to be better used as an instant offense guy off the bench rather than a starter who logs heavy minutes. It sure will be nice to have a 6'5 Jr who can play either guard spot ready to go then.

Call me crazy but maybe they are thinking farther down the line than just his freshman year.

By Richmond's Jr year, Boeheim, Carey and Washington will all be gone, and it would not shock me at all if Goodine is in the pros. Girard may very well turn out to be better used as an instant offense guy off the bench rather than a starter who logs heavy minutes. It sure will be nice to have a 6'5 Jr who can play either guard spot ready to go then.

I agree that it certainly would be great, but few guards hang around until their junior year before they are starters these days. Especially ones from NYC.

Im glad we are landing top recruits on the hoops side of Cuse Athletics maybe Jimmy B can share some of his secrets with Dino.

Next years class looks stacked, well done coaches!

Stacked? We have signed the 97th and 103rd rated recruits signed. If we get Jackson awesome, if we don't when was the last class we had when our best recruit was ranked so poorly? Never?

What our coaches do with talent far outweighs what K does. I cannot emphasize enough the positive impact of Syracuse University landing a top 10 class.

We've had plenty of cases of talent evaluation being piss poor and players who never lived up to their talent in 4 or even 5 years.

This isnt the 2012, hell, its not 2015 anymore.

We've seen the results year after year and when was the last time this team wasnt one of the last 5 in? Yet around here our recruiting classes are underrated, everything is amazing and next year is our year.

What do you honestly expect next season? 25 wins? I sure hope so because that would be awesome but nothing has been done and not one player has come in to change the perception. Hughes probably is second off the bench in 2012, he's our best all around player right now.

We've had plenty of cases of talent evaluation being piss poor and players who never lived up to their talent in 4 or even 5 years.

We've seen the results year after year and when was the last time this team wasnt one of the last 5 in? Yet around here our recruiting classes are underrated, everything is amazing and next year is our year.

What do you honestly expect next season? 25 wins? I sure hope so because that would be awesome but nothing has been done and not one player has come in to change the perception. Hughes probably is second off the bench in 2012, he's our best all around player right now.
I’ve not been excited about a recruitment class since Malachi’s and we went to the final 4 with him.

I get what you're saying, and yes, we do seem to have the "star system" on offense.

But in my opinion, our best teams have been teams filled with a bunch of equals, like 2010 or 2000, to name a couple. Those teams could score inside or outside, on the drive or from deep.
You didn't really have just one guy who was going to take the shot to beat the buzzer, and that made us harder to defend than one guy pounding the rock out at the midway line until there are only a few seconds left to make a move or get off a shot.

My two cents.

I don't disagree in what the principle of your point at all. I do think we have some guys this year who should be no hesitation options to take those shots. Buddy is one of them and hopefully one of the two freshman guards the other or both even.

1572370845217.png