Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

No it’s pretty simple.. purely about money. St Johns made an absurd offer. He took it. No other program in the United States was going to make an offer like that. Stop blaming coaches. In this day and age it’s purely about MONEY.
You are correct that it’s purely about money. So Syracuse better figure out how to pay an absurd amount or kiss any dream of being a bball power goodbye.

And I’ll say this. For those who want info about money. Cuse has offered a player 600k for a year and they said no and went elsewhere. Don’t want to hear they aren’t trying to pay bc they are. But these kids are just taking the highest offer and some pockets are deeper than others
When the music stops playing every team gets evaluated on the results. Maybe this time it’s about money. With another kid he wants to play closer to home or with a teammate. At the end of the day we’re getting beat out. Either we keep deflecting or start trying to address the liabilities.

You are correct that it’s purely about money. So Syracuse better figure out how to pay an absurd amount or kiss any dream of being a bball power goodbye.
True, We talked about this last week. We just have to do better. Now, having said that, Fran injected our fan base with zest so that we are able to compete. But keep in mind, Fran isn't forced to give money to kids he is recruiting down the liner. Red has to pay now for the kids in this next class. Fran can say whatever he wants today. Raise the money down the line after we make some hay. Red doesn't have that ability to do that. His need for money is immediate.

I think it is safe to say that we have more money than some and not as much as others. I would compare it to poker tournaments that I have played in. With small numbers left, I don't have to have the most chips to win the tournament. But I have to have enough to not be desperate and to be able to compete.
If we’re somewhere in the middle then we’re going to keep treading water unless we have a staff that is great at selling and closing… and I’m not seeing that so far.

I was in financial sales for 44 years. Sometimes, I would lose out on a client to another financial "sales rep" when that rep lied about their product. Out and out lied about the returns. Did I lose out because I wasn't closing? No. I lost out because the other guy lied and I wouldn't. Now, if you are offered 400k and the other guy offers you 800k, and you take the 800k, did the guy that offered you 400k fail to close? Or was he or she just not competitive with their offer?
When is red and the AD responsible for rallying the donor base behind his vision? We have a large fan base and successful alumni. I think the AD has taken this loyalty for granted.

Last edited:
When is red responsible for rallying the donor base behind his vision? We have a large fan base and successful alumni. I think the AD has taken this loyalty for granted.
Okay. We had a fund raiser here for Leffew. Did you contribute to it? We need everyone to step up. I know all of us are in different situations. But it isn't right to depend on everyone else to do the heavy lifting.

Did you boost about not paying the $100 for Leffew? Figuring it out means we all pay.

I didn't boost about anything. And I do pay monthly.

Didn't you say you were glad that you didn't pay the$100 for Leffew?

I don't believe I did. I can look through my posts but I don't think that was me (or at least I don't remember on the spot) I looked through I didn't find anything.

Last edited:
I read an article, which I will try to find later, that said across all schools, on average 70-75% of NIL donations are going to football with 15-20% going to bball and 10% to all other sports combined. FWIW.

Or we just conclude that a recruit with a vastly inflated view of himself is not a good fit for the program, and wish him BOL.

Last edited:
Okay. We had a fund raiser here for Leffew. Did you contribute to it? We need everyone to step up. I know all of us are in different situations. But it isn't right to depend on everyone else to do the heavy lifting.
I buy tickets and bring my kids and others. I have seasons for football. That doesn’t come cheap. The university is getting my money. It needs to figure the rest out. That’s what they’re paid to do. It’s not joe smith’s responsibility.

I don’t care how they do it. Just figure it out.

I think we’re making this all about NIL and that’s a little too convenient of a cop-out like the AD has no say in those efforts. There are many ways to skin the cat. NIL. Salesmanship. Coaching ability. Facilities/amenities. Fan support. All of those matter. If deficient in one area then compensate in others.

Last edited:
I buy tickets and bring my kids and others. I have seasons for football. That doesn’t come cheap. The university is getting my money. It needs to figure the rest out. That’s what they’re paid to do. It’s not joe smith’s responsibility.

I don’t care how they do it. Just figure it out.

I think we’re making this all about NIL and that’s a little too convenient. There are many ways to skin the cat.
Not any more. It's like everything else in our life. It's about the $$$. It is about fans giving money to NIL. You can pretend it isn't. But that isn't the real world. The University can't give the money themselves. They have to get it from you and me.

Not any more. It's like everything else in our life. It's about the $$$. It is about fans giving money to NIL. You can pretend it isn't. But that isn't the real world. The University can't give the money themselves. They have to get it from you and me.
Then JB needs to get off the payroll so he can start paying his share since he has a big hand in where things are.

Yeah, it's only been said about 1,000 times on the board.

Some people just don't (or won't) get it. It's always the fault of SU/Coaches/staff/something something something...

Here's how it's playing in NYC...and don't overlook this paragraph:

“He (Pitino) told me to do some research on the players he had that struggled shooting and take a look at jumps they made after being with him,” Richmond said. “They showed improvements in all areas. That really stood out to me as well.”