Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

I love that people are flippant about getting Kadary while being ok with Leffew and the other dude.

quantity does not equal quality.

If you can, you get Kadary 100 times out of a 100.

There is literally no one on our roster that has the D1 track record of Kadary. No one.

Well said.

Kid had tremendous talent, but also some flaws. He wasn't in great shape, he also is in a great man-to-man defender, because he's not exceedingly quick. Not the best shooter from deep.

But damn, I wish we had had him these past couple of years, maybe some things might have turned out differently.

Oh well.
Could have had Kadary Joe and Jesse

..and Quincy!!!

I love that people are flippant about getting Kadary while being ok with Leffew and the other dude.

quantity does not equal quality.

If you can, you get Kadary 100 times out of a 100.

There is literally no one on our roster that has the D1 track record of Kadary. No one.
simple question and I doubt anyone here with knowledge has the desire or permission to disclose this but how much NIL can we give to a single player. Is there an artificial cap? I understand hurt egos paying a player more than others but if you brought your team together and said this guy gets us a shot a championship. He moves the needle and is the piece we need would you guys be ok if he gets more NIL. Remind players that the more success we have the greater the NIL may be in the future.

LMAO.

While we’re here praying for Leffew.

I mean I guess it would be great if we could manage a 10 mil NIL budget and smoke all these fools in the portal . We are mashing our heads against the wall getting upset over not having that kind of money though

I mean I guess it would be great if we could manage a 10 mil NIL budget and smoke all these fools in the portal . We are mashing our heads against the wall getting upset over not having that kind of money though
Not really the point.

We don't have to pretend certain players are better than others because of our current status. I understand we can't get a player of Kadary's current stature, but we don't have to pretend our current options are equal or better. It's bad faith arguing.

just interesting that some posters, post after post and thread after thread, repeatedly bemoan LOOK WHERE WE ARE LOOK WHAT DUKE AND KENTUCKY CAN GET AND WHAT WE CANT GET over and over and over, and ridicule anyone daring to express an occasional bit of optimism... like, no matter what thread I look in

just interesting that some posters, post after post and thread after thread, repeatedly bemoan LOOK WHERE WE ARE LOOK WHAT DUKE AND KENTUCKY CAN GET AND WHAT WE CANT GET over and over and over, and ridicule anyone daring to express an occasional bit of optimism... like, no matter what thread I look in
You are posting in a thread about Kadary Richmond and mad about people posting about Duke and Kentucky being interested in Kadary Richmond?

if its brought up in the Leffew thread, you have a better point.

if the posts questioning Kadary said “yeah hell of a player, not really in our price range”, I have no issue with that.

but the “WE DONT WANT HIM.” stuff. Gtf0. We should want the best players.

You are posting in a thread about Kadary Richmond and mad about people posting about Duke and Kentucky being interested in Kadary Richmond?

if the posts questioning Kadary said “yeah hell of a player, not really in our price range”, I have no issue with that.

Where’s the donation thread for Kadary? Let’s grass roots our way to signing a guy who we know is talented because we saw it first hand.

Not really the point.

We don't have to pretend certain players are better than others because of our current status. I understand we can't get a player of Kadary's current stature, but we don't have to pretend our current options are equal or better. It's bad faith arguing.

But it’s still a valid point even if it’s not the only one here. Until we are spending that kind of money it presents the only alternative as just lying down and saying we take our NIT bid and move on to which isn’t really a forgone conclusion. Nor is there clear evidence that landing the big fish is getting programs the results they desire.

posted in this thread because this is most recently where I've seen the mocking posts about our stature and that we're pursuing Leffew and not Richmond, just the seeming glee I witness some folks on here beating and beating and beating a dead horse, but point taken about this particular thread, I should not have even peaked in here (tho it's common in lots and lots of other threads tbh)

But it’s still a valid point even if it’s not the only one here. Until we are spending that kind of money it presents the only alternative as just lying down and saying we take our NIT bid and move on to which isn’t really a forgone conclusion. Nor is there clear evidence that landing the big fish is getting programs the results they desire.
Absolutely. There is optimism with a team building depth with decent to very good players with some projects that could be great players. Im down with the plan. Assuming we get Leffew, I like what we’re doing.

that said. The optimism should live in reality. Reality such as … in all likelihood we wont be a top 10 team next year. And that’s ok.

I remember a couple years back I was called a bad fan, bad alum, etc for daring to suggest that Symir was not a good enough replacement for Kadary. I was told I was being negative.. A sub 500 record later. *shrug* looking back, I think I was being as optimistic as possible. maybe more than I should have been

LMAO.

While we’re here praying for Leffew.
Agree, but to be fair, if it’s highest bidder for these dudes and our NIL situation is such that we can’t be the highest bidder, we need to go under the radar and hope we can put a team together moneyball style. Not the best spot to be in for sure but if that’s where we are we can’t really spend much time worrying about not getting the highest rated players.

simple question and I doubt anyone here with knowledge has the desire or permission to disclose this but how much NIL can we give to a single player. Is there an artificial cap? I understand hurt egos paying a player more than others but if you brought your team together and said this guy gets us a shot a championship. He moves the needle and is the piece we need would you guys be ok if he gets more NIL. Remind players that the more success we have the greater the NIL may be in the future.
There is no cap. If you hit the Powerball, you can get us the best team money can buy.