Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he picks Illinois over us my head will explode. I still say hes orange.

"Illinois definitely has a shot at
Quincy Guerrier
, a four-star forward out of Canada who just took his official visit to the Big Ten program this past weekend. He is down to a final list of three which includes the Illini, Oregon and Syracuse, and seeing that he has already visited each of his finalists, a college commitment is not far off.

Guerrier will take more of an unconventional approach to college, as he plans to enroll mid-year in a few months and could actually be playing for either of the three programs at the turn of the calendar year. Regardless, much of the talk with Guerrier has surrounded the Orange and the Ducks. Illinois is fighting a bit of an uphill battle, but compared to many others, it is at least in the fight. A few good days in Champaign could have pushed the Illini closer to the other two in contention.

Ekkk, Illinois. Come on. How are they even in this? The school is way out of his region and they’re in the middle of yet another rebuild. I’m surprised they’re not more focused on getting Chicago kids. I gotta believe Quincy announces for Cuse in the next week or two.

It won’t be Oregon. Us or Illinois.

If he picks Illinois over us my head will explode. I still say hes orange.

"Illinois definitely has a shot at
Quincy Guerrier
, a four-star forward out of Canada who just took his official visit to the Big Ten program this past weekend. He is down to a final list of three which includes the Illini, Oregon and Syracuse, and seeing that he has already visited each of his finalists, a college commitment is not far off.

Guerrier will take more of an unconventional approach to college, as he plans to enroll mid-year in a few months and could actually be playing for either of the three programs at the turn of the calendar year. Regardless, much of the talk with Guerrier has surrounded the Orange and the Ducks. Illinois is fighting a bit of an uphill battle, but compared to many others, it is at least in the fight. A few good days in Champaign could have pushed the Illini closer to the other two in contention.

It’s clear this guy knows nothing. He hears kids are going on official visits to certain places, then writes 200 words saying the visit could have changed things and how that school has a chance. I could write the same thing from my couch. What a joke.

I hope I am not repeating a prior comment, but reading these sounds like the inverse logic we read on the football recruiting threads. I’m sure most of you can appreciate the irony of contradicting logic for these two SU teams. But as fans, logic isn’t exactly a requirement when it comes to recruiting...we can rationalize anything for better or worse.

Do we have a timeframe on this announcement?

Dasher said he thought within the week (said it on Sunday, fwiw).

Think I read that Quincy himself said it wouldn’t be long after visit to Illinois...wanna say he said 1-2 weeks?

EDIT: Yep, in article about 3 pages back he said maybe 1-2 weeks after his Illinois visit. So that would mean by about next weekend

That doesn't make sense. It was posted at 9:40 in the morning. How could JB have been in today (past tense) already by 9:40am on a day when a Top 5 recruit is visiting campus on an official??

Status
Not open for further replies.