Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducharme will be playing in an EYBL game at 930a on Court 2. Playing Team Durant with the Flowers kid.

Eybl last night

C42835C9-3969-4E24-84A8-997502162A90.png

Is anyone else watching Ducharme right now?

Is anyone else watching Ducharme right now?
Off and on. He had 8 pts in the first 5 mins of the game and still had 8 mid 3rd. Also has 6 rebs and 5 asts. He’s a shooter/scorer.

Off and on. He had 8 pts in the first 5 mins of the game and still had 8 mid 3rd. Also has 6 rebs and 5 asts. He’s a shooter/scorer.
I started watching in the 2nd quarter. I think he's only made one shot in that span. He handles the ball a lot for his team. He seems to get in to good spots, but he has turned the ball over quite a bit. I really can't stand AAU basketball. Flowers is nice for Team Durant. I hope we stay on him. But, he is a top 10 player, so his recruitment is likely to go a certain way.

Kwame Evans doesn’t look like anything special in this game.
You're right, I didn't even notice he was playing. I like TJ Powers on BABC, he is going to be a good college player.

Of course Evan’s has the game winning basket, but he wasn’t even the second best player in this game
let alone the 2nd best player in the country.

Of course Evan’s has the game winning basket, but he wasn’t even the second best player in this game
To be fair, AAU is much less about playing in a system than it is individuals attempting to showcase talent in a usually erratic pace of game, as was this one.

Projecting top-level talent/lack of talent based off AAU games is misguided, IMO. The intangibles and measurables of Evans are clearly there. Top 5 not a stretch. Same thing goes with Ducharme, a set system, especially for shooters, would not see him take nearly the forced shots he took today, which made his performance look lackluster at times.

Ended up with 6 pts.

Ducharme ended up with 12, 6 and 6.

To be fair, AAU is much less about playing in a system than it is individuals attempting to showcase talent in a usually erratic pace of game, as was this one.

Projecting top-level talent/lack of talent based off AAU games is misguided, IMO. The intangibles and measurables of Evans are clearly there. Top 5 not a stretch. Same thing goes with Ducharme, a set system, especially for shooters, would not see him take nearly the forced shots he took today, which made his performance look lackluster at times.
I don’t care what the rankings say. I trust my eyes. He’s played terribly and he’s likely going to drop big time.

I don’t care what the rankings say. I trust my eyes. He’s played terribly and he’s likely going to drop big time.
You can tell he has the physical tools, but the best bring it every game.

Rankings don't necessarily reflect stats, they also reflect potential and projectability, which Evans has in loads. Expecting a 6'10 forward who already moves fluidly to drop in rankings because of AAU games just will not happen. Sure he still has room to grow in his game and body, but that won't cause a change in his rank.

Back to Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors