Class of 2024 - G/SF Jalik Dunkley-Distant (Canada) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G/SF Jalik Dunkley-Distant (Canada) Offered

6'7 point guard with a good hoops last name... and in that Canadian pipeline (Orangeville Prep).

He’s a freak athlete and is very explosive. Dunkley excels at the rim and also as a defender. Jalik knows how to operate in the open floor, put the ball in his hands and he’ll get the job done.

Freakish. Can he shoot?
I almost don’t care. It would be fun to have a player like this rocking the Dome.

He’s good.

But nowhere near as good as his cousin: Jamal Blockley-Nearer…amirite?

(slowly backs out of the room)
9AE2C49C-9F75-4F3B-902D-7D07A4EA2A72.gif

Very good athlete, but not much of a shot, from what I've seen. He would be a great defender and finisher at the rim.

Can he Reclass?
he's Canadian, so it's likely that he can reclass. But, I'm not sure he works in 2023. We have three guys fighting over minutes at the 3, already. That is likely where he would fit in.

View attachment 223959

Despite some recruiting services listing him as a SF, Leek considers himself point guard. Either way.. definitely a player that fits the Cuse mold. Big guard, position versatility, freak athlete, etc.

Honest question for those who know more about this kid -- haven't even seen film of this prospect, so I'm genuinely curious. Does he have the handle / playmaking aptitude of a lead guard?

Or is more like a combo who fits the mold athletically, that they want to turn into a PG [kind of like Frank Howard]?

Honest question for those who know more about this kid -- haven't even seen film of this prospect, so I'm genuinely curious. Does he have the handle / playmaking aptitude of a lead guard?

Or is more like a combo who fits the mold athletically, that they want to turn into a PG [kind of like Frank Howard]?
I am no expert on this kid, but I have watched a bunch of highlight videos. I don't remember seeing an assist. They have all been dunks and blocks. The ones from this year show jump shots (thank god) and floaters. Hopefully someone has watched full games and can chime in.

I am no expert on this kid, but I have watched a bunch of highlight videos. I don't remember seeing an assist. They have all been dunks and blocks. The ones from this year show jump shots (thank god) and floaters. Hopefully someone has watched full games and can chime in.
Calling Toronto Cuse. Have you by chance seen this guy play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom