Ga Tech Game Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Game Thread

What a terrible call. We didn't deserve to win anyway. Again, we should have just shot a damn three for the win.
If that was a foul, Gillon was fouled at the end of regulation in the Louisville game.

SU is like a procrastinating student with these deficits and furious comebacks. Sometimes you pull it together and make the deadline, sometimes not.

Which is why as furious I am about the call, this is all on JB and Gillon imo. They let this game slip away

My advice to you would be to watch more basketball if you do not see the glaring flaws of JAB.

I watch plenty. You still didn't answer my question, but you're a know it all so I ain't surprised.

I didn't have a way to watch this game but would like to see this play based on all the reactions here.

Unless it's blatant, how can you call that?
He was set, and even if he wasn't, it wasn't even close to blatant. If you saw the out of bounds call where the ref anticipated GT ball, you'd understand how garbage they were. You can't make that call in a final possession.

1. Bullshit call

2. Tactical error having Roberson in the game on the GTech possession prior to the bs call as Syracuse had no timeouts and you're trapped with Robby on offense even if you get the stop
Yep. TT should have been in the game. He was great today.

Well at least we can stop worrying about the bubble talk for this season. Terrible game all around save for Thompson. Worst part is team still has no guards coming in for next year or a shooter. Sigh
Oh don't worry, I'm sure there will be a couple more grad transfers to come in and stumble over the defense for six months.

I said IF it was a foul...I don't think it was..

And it's up to the freaking guard to let the pick get set...I have no agenda other than to call a mediocre player a mediocre player. He's NOT THAT GOOD and is a more a liability than an asset. If you think otherwise, you're not watching the same game as me...

He isn't that good, but he's better than anything else we have.

If JB says one negative thing about Robey then I'm done with him. I've stood up for him so much, but the fact he was even talking to him on the bench is a disgrace. He should have been getting a technical freaking out on the refs like he did for CJ.

1. Bullshit call

2. Tactical error having Roberson in the game on the GTech possession prior to the bs call as Syracuse had no timeouts and you're trapped with Robby on offense even if you get the stop
Not to pile on robbey cause he didn't do anything but that is two games in a row. Tough to see. It's like the situation finds him.

1. Bullshit call

Re #2 TT has four fouls and was getting scorched on the defensive end all night long. One of those pick your poison deals.

The commentators said he stuck his elbow out, which is possible. I was watching his feet on the replay and they were very close but got set. If he stuck his elbow out, then it's a good call - although one you could easily let go in that spot.

If JB goes apeshit on anybody, it should be the entire team for failing to show up in the second half until they're down double digits with like five minutes left every... freaking... game. You could pick or choose your scapegoat any given day, but overall, nobody is beyond reproach when they keep doing this.

Too many mistakes. The last 30 seconds of 1st half was a killer. Should have been up 6 not 3 at half because of Gillon's bonehead mistake. Of course it turns out to be huge. Very questionable call on Roberson at end. Should have just been a play on. Ref interjected himself to decide the game.
Why did JB have Lydon in the game at the end if the first half? Gave up at least two uncontested layups.

I watch plenty. You still didn't answer my question, but you're a know it all so I ain't surprised.
Players throw the ball away dude. Gillon is fine. He has no coaching to maximize his abilities. Can you answer how we cant produce hardly any open looks in the half court?

He's not wrong

If it was the case he wouldn't be wrong but it's not how it played out. It was a bad call, throwing Gillons name and faulting him when it shouldn't have been brought up doesn't really do anything other than show his Gillon hate that's been known for about 6 pages of this thread.

Watch more basketball. It is fine if the ball handler leaves early before a screener is set. The screener has to see that and simply slip it. Our players aren't coached that. That said, it wasn't an illegal screen anyways.
He didn't have time to make that decision. If that was a foul, it's only because Gillon went a half second too early.

The call was bad but our pathetic performance for most of the second half is why we lost. This is a borderline NIT team minus the 5 game winning streak, which is quickly becoming a memory.

My god -- that wasn't on Gillon or Robey, it was a no call and it cost them the game. JB needs to say something about the terrible call and not go off on Robey on this one. That was disgusting by that ref.

They call that screen at the end of the game, yet Lydon got held and pushed out of bounds at the end of the Louisville game. This official is also the official that made the call out of bounds off Lydon that was reversed.

He isn't that good, but he's better than anything else we have.
How can you say that after TT game. He played offense and played good defense. He lets up some crap but overall he isn't less of a liability. That can only happen to robbey. I don't understand how but it does.

I'm done if he does.

Hate to say it, and I'm sure some people around here will be happy to hear it but if he does I'm done for the year. One of the worst coaching seasons for JB in his history, lots of talent on this team and he still hammers a guy more than anybody who barely plays.

Roberson while not living up to expectations has always put his effort out there and has never caused trouble. Doesn't need the treatment anymore.

If it was the case he wouldn't be wrong but it's not how it played out. It was a bad call, throwing Gillons name and faulting him when it shouldn't have been brought up doesn't really do anything other than show his Gillon hate that's been known for about 6 pages of this thread.
Gillon was terrible tonight. You can't make any other logical case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom