Gait Commits | Syracusefan.com

Gait Commits

outoftownie

2nd String
Braedon Gait committed to Princeton today. Gary Gait's son, plays midfield for CBA. I am sure this will draw some comments.

Surprised - maybe he didn't want to hear the ghosts.

Surprised - maybe he didn't want to hear the ghosts.

That makes sense. He's obviously pretty good to land at a program the caliber of Princeton, what's his game like? Anything like his dad?

I don't think he was aggressively recruited by SU. I am sure they would have been happy to have him aboard, but not a game changer like his dad. He is probably the 3rd option offensively at CBA. I know he was also looking at Harvard. With no inside knowledge to his decision making process, I would guess he is looking out for his next 40 years, not next 4 years with his choice. Good for him.

Since Gait is an employee, why would they?

He doesnt want to be in his dad's shadow from what I heard is looking to get to college on his own merit ie Princeton, wanted to earn a scholarship.

Since Gait is an employee, why would they?

I think I worded that wrong, from what I heard he wanted to earn a scholarship based on his play not being the son of a legend. I say good for him and wish him teh best at Princeton.

Can't blame him. Princeton is well Princeton. There'll be more to life than playing lacrosse that's for sure.

I think I worded that wrong, from what I heard he wanted to earn a scholarship based on his play not being the son of a legend. I say good for him and wish him teh best at Princeton.
Except for one, possibly two games a year. ;)

Princeton carryies a certain academic superiority I lived about a half hour north of their campus. It wreaks of intellectual history. I grant that the feeling is inspired by the ivy covered buildings and the knowledge of who walked those lanes.:eek:

Princeton carryies a certain academic superiority I lived about a half hour north of their campus. It wreaks of intellectual history. I grant that the feeling is inspired by the ivy covered buildings and the knowledge of who walked those lanes.:eek:
Princeton carries a certain academic superiority, eh?

What's your take on water? Do you find that it carries a certain wetness?

He doesnt want to be in his dad's shadow from what I heard is looking to get to college on his own merit ie Princeton, wanted to earn a scholarship.

At Princeton that would have to be an academic schloarship. One of the great advantages HYP have, however, is that given their large endowments (particularly relative to enrollment size) kids are guaranteed not to have to take any loans. Almost like making them de facto scholarship schools, which annoys the other Ivies a tad.

At Princeton that would have to be an academic schloarship. One of the great advantages HYP have, however, is that given their large endowments (particularly relative to enrollment size) kids are guaranteed not to have to take any loans. Almost like making them de facto scholarship schools, which annoys the other Ivies a tad.

Yup your right. Good for the kid to get out there and enjoy his college experience. Would have been a ton of pressure here to live up to the name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom