Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate

The athletic department is in a no-win situation with most fans here. If they open with a big name at home, then they don’t know how to schedule for success. If you open with no name, and nobody shows up, then they don’t market properly.

This town is event driven. In my opinion, I think they should continue to open with tomato cans, but do something to draw more people to any event, something like “concert on the quad“ or maybe they have concerts on the quad before a evening kick off Featuring good local bands. And they give tickets away to those who attend.

I don’t know…all I know is that a small crowd against Colgate doesn’t bother me.

And there will be folks like me who is on the fence but If I can make it am bringing 5 others all depending on a couple of things to get done in the AM. I suspect it will be more than decent by kickoff for playing 'Gate

The athletic department is in a no-win situation with most fans here. If they open with a big name at home, then they don’t know how to schedule for success. If you open with no name, and nobody shows up, then they don’t market properly.

This town is event driven. In my opinion, I think they should continue to open with tomato cans, but do something to draw more people to any event, something like “concert on the quad“ or maybe they have concerts on the quad before a evening kick off Featuring good local bands. And they give tickets away to those who attend.

I don’t know…all I know is that a small crowd against Colgate doesn’t bother me.
Yup. We’ve been banging the table for cupcakes to start the season for ages, we finally get it and now we want to worry about attendance for the cupcakes? Not me, I’ll take my win and be on my way.

This 100%. Keep the FCS chumps coming but incentivize people to come as best as possible

The one sure-fire way to get fans to crappy games is offer cheap tix and a fireworks show. Sadly we can’t do the latter!

This town is event driven. In my opinion, I think they should continue to open with tomato cans, but do something to draw more people to any event, something like “concert on the quad“ Featuring good local bands. And they give tickets away to those who attend.

Mini-Kiss !!!!

Folks, its labor day weekend and the NYS Fair.

Cuse does not have an attendance problem, it has a winning problem.

Win vs Colgate and we’ll have 35 vs WMU. Handle WMU and we’ll have 40ish for Army.

People come when the teams competitive. Best thing to do is start 4-0. Very do’able.
To me the issue isnt the attendance for this game.. Its how far did season tickets drop based on the pictures of seats for Colgate and Clemson..

If you sell them and people dont show up that hurts just a small amount compared to not selling them at all and hoping We play games 1-4 well enough to make Clemson mean something.

If we 3-1 with a loss to Purdue will that help hype enough?
If we are 3-1 and Clemson is 2-2 with loses to Duke and FSU does that help hype?

What does that even mean? Are you really saying that anyone in upstate New York that would have even a casual interest in the team is unaware they are playing a game Saturday?

What exactly do you think would drive extra sales?

I'd love it if our media had more access, but Emily has been covering the team and writing something every day. There are interviews posted with the coach and players a few times per week.

If the media did have access to every practice and scrimmage, it's highly doubtful we sell any more tickets to Colgate. Or Western Michigan for that matter. Syracuse fans, en masse, have never wanted to attend games against dog***t opponents.

I'd love it if our media had more access, but Emily has been covering the team and writing something every day. There are interviews posted with the coach and players a few times per week.

If the media did have access to every practice and scrimmage, it's highly doubtful we sell any more tickets to Colgate. Or Western Michigan for that matter. Syracuse fans, en masse, have never wanted to attend games against dog***t opponents.
Bitchers gonna bitch

To me the issue isnt the attendance for this game.. Its how far did season tickets drop based on the pictures of seats for Colgate and Clemson..

If you sell them and people dont show up that hurts just a small amount compared to not selling them at all and hoping We play games 1-4 well enough to make Clemson mean something.

If we 3-1 with a loss to Purdue will that help hype enough?
If we are 3-1 and Clemson is 2-2 with loses to Duke and FSU does that help hype?
imo the athletic department does an awful job marketing seasons and retaining holders. Thats just my thought as a holder going on 8 years.

imo the athletic department does an awful job marketing seasons and retaining holders. Thats just my thought as a holder going on 8 years.
Going on 35 and they lost information on about 10 of those when they created the new system.

I’m the opposite. I think they email me far too much reminding me to renew and pay for my tix. And even though I am a season Tix holder, I still get a weekly email telling me seasons are available for purchase or the packages.

I’m the opposite. I think they email me far too much reminding me to renew and pay for my tix. And even though I am a season Tix holder, I still get a weekly email telling me seasons are available for purchase or the packages.

I don't know what to think about them anymore. The female rep reaches out to Millhouse, and the male rep reaches out to me to invite us to Kuhn Lounge.

It's either really knowing your audience or really not knowing your audience.

This town is event driven. In my opinion, I think they should continue to open with tomato cans, but do something to draw more people to any event, something like “concert on the quad“ Featuring good local bands. And they give tickets away to those who attend.

That easily can be done, wrapping it up into a larger event. Concert, carnival for the kids, whatever. All inclusive as part of the ticket price.

Games like this should be tuneups and opportunities to market the program to locals that maybe haven’t been exposed to it before. I doubt games like this are ever going to be big money makers overall so might as well get some residual value out of them.

What does that even mean? Are you really saying that anyone in upstate New York that would have even a casual interest in the team is unaware they are playing a game Saturday?

Honestly, Emily has done a nice job.

They’re at practice a few times a week it seems… Stephen Bailey used to cover the practices much more in depth, but I think that’s more what the hardcore fan wants. Knowing how the center and offensive guard battles shake out are for people who bought their tickets already, not getting someone deciding between the fair and opener.

Yeah they email me so much I’ve just trained myself to delete anything I see.

I hardly ever see efforts to drum up new season ticket holders though. Maybe thats just me

Yeah I'm not worried about attendance. Colgate is quite possibly the worst team regarding attendance we could be playing. Casual fans and die hards alike realize that Colgate is gonna get blown out and starters wont be playing all game. At least with Western Michigan, I doubt casual fans will realize that they're supposed to be an awful team this year.
At least we can count on Colgate bringing a thousand fans/parents/students, which is more than Buttgers or Yukon ever bring.

Exactly what it says? What did people expect? 40k+? I didn't, so what's the surprise?

As far access I honestly don't care as much about casuals as I do about the die hards who come here and other places to post year round about a program that has gone to what 5 bowl games in 20 years and all most want is a little more information. Tons of far better programs make it a lot more interesting and fun to care about a winning program than one that should be doing everything they can to keep the current fan base entertained let alone try to grow a fan base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom