Game replay | Syracusefan.com

Game replay

yes!

Been re-watching bits of this all day. Mainly the offensive possessions. Some comments...

- You can see why Etta-Tawo got that rep for bad hands. Hard to complain about a guy with 270 yards receiving but those two drops early on were ugly.

- If Dungey had a dead arm last week, it wasn't apparent this game. This looked to me to be his best game throwing the ball all year, in terms of accuracy, velocity, and touch. Maybe all the more impressive given the in-game talk about the swirling winds (which the sideline reporter didn't really show much evidence of, admittedly). Only two really bad throws from my perspective, one on that 2nd Q post route to Etta Tawo and the rb screen in the 3rd.

- My big criticism for #2 in this game was that he gave up on the pocket too soon on a number of plays. I understand the caution given what happened last year but that extra second or two can make a huge difference. That last big gainer by Etta Tawo and the 99-yard drive altogether happened because Dungey stayed in the pocket and took the hit after he delivered the ball.

- Even during the offensive drought in the middle of the game, you could see guys running open and holes for the backs. Just a little more efficiency and the score is 45-24.

Play calling a few times at the beginning was mind boggling. On 2nd series we get 8 yards on first down run, then instead of running it again they try throwing a quick out that loses yard. Luckily they convert 3rd down on a nice throw from ED to Etta-Tawo. The 3rd series where I would have LOVED to see us go up 21-0 or 17-0, we get 1 or 2 yards on 1st down, so what do they do, run the ball again...why?? ED in a tough 3rd and long ends up with incomplete pass. I've seen this play calling too much already this season, when it's 2nd and 8 or 9, throw the damn ball.
4th possession on 3rd and 2 where Neal gets stuffed, well actually runs into the defense lineman, if they throw on that possession to the right hand side, it's an easy first down. Hopefully the staff is looking at these little things.
Like a lot of people have said this game could have been over waaaaaay early and never turned into a dog fight.

After following the game in the game thread, I was pleasantly surprised watching it. We played much better than I thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom