Game Thoughts- Clemson fan | Syracusefan.com

Game Thoughts- Clemson fan

Palmer103

Walk On
First, thanks for letting me stop in this week and enjoy some good pregame talk.

I think that this game went about as well as Clemson could have hoped. It appeared that Dabo and Tajh took this game very seriously, as they needed to. I'm normally not big on bulletin board material, but I feel like we played with an edge to us today. I completely understand your perspective on this matter, but most of the time in ACC play, you don't get a lot of the pregame banner from coaches/players that we got this week. To say we came out motivated would be the understatement of the day. Tajh said this was the most pregame talk from players/coaches that he has heard since he's been at Clemson (5 years). To me, that was a fatal mistake and something that Syracuse needs to adjust moving forwards.

Based on the talent differential, the best play was to feed into the press and pretend like you didn't stand a chance and hope you caught Clemson sleeping. Obviously that didn't happen, and 49-14 was the result.

I'm really not trying to come off wrong, b/c I honestly really enjoyed my time at this great forum all week. Wish you guys nothing but the best moving forwards. Take care, and I look forward to the future of the Atlantic Division. Please come down to Death Valley next year, you will be welcome with open arms

I know you are probably not meaning to come off as condescending as you are, but man, that third paragraph just rubs me the wrong way.

Or maybe you are trying to come off as condescending, I don't know.

Yeah if Hunt said we were gonna lose we win this game.

Just don't say anything. Say all that jazz in the locker room. The right move would have been to say that it would be the biggest challenge they've seen this year. That's the move...

But to your point, yes, nothing would have changed the outcome. It just doesn't come off right before, during, or after the game. Especially when you have to know how outmatched you are. They had seen the film and probably knew this was coming before any of us. This fact makes the pregame comments that much more baffling.

I know you are probably not meaning to come off as condescending as you are, but man, that third paragraph just rubs me the wrong way.

Or maybe you are trying to come off as condescending, I don't know.

Take it as you will. I heard a lot of talk this week and didn't see much to back it up. Of course that is going to factor in to my post-game thoughts.

What a jerkoff. You're right...we should've said we were gonna lose and maybe Boyd would have played worse.

What a jerkoff. You're right...we should've said we were gonna lose and maybe Boyd would have played worse.

lol, do you guys not understand that there IS a middle ground? And a big one at that. Your coaches/players are the ones that chose to ignore it, I'm just pointing it out.

If you're gonna talk , when doesn't go as you said, expect it back in your face. It will happen EVERY single time.

lol, do you guys not understand that there IS a middle ground? And a big one at that. Your coaches/players are the ones that chose to ignore it, I'm just pointing it out.

If you're gonna talk , when doesn't go as you said, expect it back in your face. It will happen EVERY single time.
I get it man, but still...

By the way, does anyone care about Clemson basketball? Lol

They said they believed they could win. God forbid.

Do we got to go back and brings quotes into this. I honestly think that Syracuse fans/players/coaches don't realize how they come off. You just don't see the I saw this week with big boy football.

For Tajh to say this was the most pre game talk he has heard in 5 years speaks volumes.

No one talked. Period. This is a make-believe story make up by your local radio hacks to get you all riled up. It didn't happen.

You're RB still gonna take your #10 over ours. LMFAO

I'm not an expert but I feel confident in diagnosing the Clemson fan base and team with a severe inferiority complex. There's nothing that was said pregame that came even close to bulletin board material. Hunt said we could win! Oh, the horror! Smith said he'd pick his QB who he has fought side by side with over the all-world Clemson QB! What a douche-nozzle.

I've never come across a more sensitive program.

Good luck the rest of the season. Here's hoping no one hurts your fragile psyche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

And before you point it out, of course you gotta have your teammates back...IN THE LOCKER ROOM. You don't bring that to the public. They'll learn. That isn't how things are done in the ACC...

Seriously, dude? He had his QBs back. Was he supposed to say, about his young QB making his second start this week, "Eh, I'd rather have Boyd"?

Do you really expect everyone to kneel down and blow Clemson at every opportunity? Good lord man. Get real.

The following quote was made BEFORE the game.

"I think it would be disrespectful to any of the other great quarterbacks I've coached against (to say who is the best)," Shafer said. "I've coached against a ton of them. I would be hard-pressed to pick one of them. But I will say this: He's a great one. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up winning the Heisman Trophy"

MY GOD!!! THE DISRESPECT!!!

I'm not an expert but I feel confident in diagnosing the Clemson fan base and team with a severe inferiority complex. There's nothing that was said pregame that came even close to bulletin board material. Hunt said we could win! Oh, the horror! Smith said he'd pick his QB who he has fought side by side with over the all-world Clemson QB! What a douche-nozzle.

I've never come across a more sensitive program.

Good luck the rest of the season. Here's hoping no one hurts your fragile psyche.

-

Keep talking pregame and see where that takes you. If you missed how pissed Clemson was by your antics, then I'm sorry
Have you ever played a team sport? Of course he'd pick his teammates over any Clemson player.

Make believe story.

-

HE VOLUNTEERED THE COMPARISON. HE WAS NOT ASKED. Changes things, huh?

Keep talking pregame and see where that takes you. If you missed how pissed Clemson was by your antics, then I'm sorry

HE VOLUNTEERED THE COMPARISON. HE WAS NOT ASKED. Changes things, huh?
No, it doesn't change things. He was showing his teammate that he supported him, and trying to build his confidence.

I enjoy the way you act like you were personally affronted. Is your mother's name Dorothy Mantooth, by chance?

I'm shocked you guys don't see this. But oh well, I'm out. Bigger fish to fry. See you guys in 2 years where hopefully we'll once again help you get close to a sellout. I'll even buy a 2-1 groupon to help out.

Nah, they said "Clemson is a team with many holes and we will exploit them. They are very beatable, and they haven't played in an environment like this"

This is a cultural differnce thing. In my job I deal with people from all over the country, after a while you learn the idiosyncrasies I suppose. Quite honestly this is one of the things that causes some of the "dumb southerner" "damn yankee" friction.

In the SE by and large, humility is of greater value than performance. An average performer in any organization, who says, "Aw shucks, I just got real lucky and have great support." will go far, much farther than a higher performer who toots his own horn. Same attitude in the community at large. In the NE it is glorified to "tell them what you are gonna do, then do it, then remind them you told them it was coming."

Its not right or wrong but folks who never leave the SE will be taken aback by the brazeness and brashness. Not saying others should coalesce to their views...just explaining why it was taken so wrong by so many.

You will rarely see crap talking from the SE centric teams. (BTW FL is not in the South...we annexed them years ago, so Miami is of course not included.) ;)

Yeah, this dude, but seriously...does anyone care about Clemson basketball? Legit wondering about it.

I actually said f**k this dude but it didn't come throughthrough