Garrett Shrader Interview with Gramlich & MacLain | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader Interview with Gramlich & MacLain

Garrett is like the sophisticated Fred Flintstone..."A Yabba...a dabba...a doo". A cool customer indeed, SU's going to need that Saturday at noon.

I took the time, watched full games of him playing and still had questions. The QB spot is the hardest to evaluate, lots of professional scouts get it wrong. I saw what you saw - a baller. But he was inconsistent in his throwing motion, too quick to run, and more athlete than QB. Flex if you want, but it’s his development after he got here that is the most impressive and important. That’s on him and Beck.

In the end, dunking on people who took the time to wrestle publicly with the good and the bad of a prospect is poor form. That’s all.

And rest assured, we’re all aboard the Shrader train now ;)
Wrestling is one thing - taking hardline stances that he will never be a successful QB because Mike Leach didn't think so is another thing. And that was definitely the position of some (mysteriously quiet now) people on here. As if the guy could never improve as a passer...anyone who watched the team last year could see he had ability as a passer needed help to improve on that. Some of the throws he made last year were NFL level throws but there was also an extreme amount of inconsistency and issues with mechanics as well. But that doesn't mean you throw the guy on the scrap heap, there was a lot to work with there.

Wrestling is one thing - taking hardline stances that he will never be a successful QB because Mike Leach didn't think so is another thing. And that was definitely the position of some (mysteriously quiet now) people on here. As if the guy could never improve as a passer...anyone who watched the team last year could see he had ability as a passer needed help to improve on that. Some of the throws he made last year were NFL level throws but there was also an extreme amount of inconsistency and issues with mechanics as well. But that doesn't mean you throw the guy on the scrap heap, there was a lot to work with there.
Egggxactly, that’s why I plan to spike the ball and then also 360 dunk it to boot whenever the situation arises of Shredder the Beard hopefully kicking more college football arse and taking names!

Last edited:
I love that he seems like he'd rather not be doing that interview. Not in a disrespectful way, just that he does not care at all about the limelight. There isn't a trace of diva in him. All he wants to do is play football.
I think he loves football, but there are a lot of other things he likes to do.

I’m cool with that. I’m not that kind of hard liner when it comes to players improving - as my repeated backing of Tommy would suggest. There were def a few who were much too negative on him for sure.

I was more complaining about the notion that having any doubts about a player is bad. I think it’s fair to talk about.

Egggxactly, that’s why I plan to spike the ball and then also 360 dunk it to boot whenever the situation arises of Shredder the Beard hopefully kicking more college football arse and taking names!
I should prob be doing that on Dino ;)

Man I’ve loved this kid since we brought him in

Glad everyone else is finally starting to buy in.

I would say 70% of the people on here doubted Shrader because he got moved from QB to WR. But he really just did it because he’s a baller and wanted to be on the field

The moment I knew this kid would change everyone’s opinion of him was that game at Virginia Tech.

Pairing him up with Anae and Beck has made him dangerous and made NFL scouts turn their heads.

We’re in for a special ride with this kid and we are blessed to experience it
I was always a believer but I think Gilbert’s offense severely limited him and routinely put him in bad passing situations. Garrett didn’t hold back on that ACCN interview either. He completely gutted Gilbert without mentioning his name once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom