GaTech opens -6.5…. | Syracusefan.com

GaTech opens -6.5….

We will add a mutation to the Villari variant. It spreads. Cuse wins outright.

We can play a similar style next week but will need Wilson or someone whose an actual passing threat back there. Maybe they can work with Villari. Problem for the last 2 games is yesterday's offense is now on film and both Tech and Wake will pit 9/10 in the box. SUs gonna have to have some semblance of a passing game

We can play a similar style next week but will need Wilson or someone whose an actual passing threat back there. Maybe they can work with Villari. Problem for the last 2 games is yesterday's offense is now on film and both Tech and Wake will pit 9/10 in the box. SUs gonna have to have some semblance of a passing game
8 years in and no serviceable third string QB

Yup. It will all come down to working some passes downfield into the plan. I’d use Villari. He threw a beauty to GS yesterday on the goal line.

Tech is going to stack the box unlike anything we’ve seen in 30 years.

Only DK is open so far. But interesting that the first bets that came in were Orange. Down to -6

Attachments

• IMG_4417.png
    IMG_4417.png
    572.6 KB · Views: 45

Pitt put them all in the box too. The real question is can the 3 that touch the ball, Villari especially, put the entire offense on their backs two weeks in a row?

The OL run blocking was great yesterday, but a lot of times, there wasn't a hole and they just willed their way for 5-7 yard gains to getting to the sticks.

It was a lot of fun to beat up Pitt like that, I must say. Don't know if we can do it again, but a lot of fun.

I agree, can GS/CDW/DV mimic Pat White, remember WV, we shall see

The miss to Allen hurt.. but he ran a poor route on top of a poor throw as RBs will do.

Pitt put them all in the box too. The real question is can the 3 that touch the ball, Villari especially, put the entire offense on their backs two weeks in a row?

The OL run blocking was great yesterday, but a lot of times, there wasn't a hole and they just willed their way for 5-7 yard gains to getting to the sticks.

It was a lot of fun to beat up Pitt like that, I must say. Don't know if we can do it again, but a lot of fun.

I think the OL blocking was good too but not as good as it looked. Villari got hit early almost every play it seemed. He made a lot of yardage on his own. I only remember a few plays where there was a real good hole he ran through.

Were you told that recently or was that before Sellers and Lamson changed their minds about playing QB at SU?
Sellers was never here, so not in the room. Even after Lamson left we had 3 SEC QB’s before they transferred here.

Even with a week worth of film and practice, the offense yesterday is not easy to game plan for. Especially not knowing if it will change at all. Can Shrader throw next week? Will CDRW play?

A bowl is there for the taking and would i love to be 9-3 or 8-4? Of course, but winning 6+ for only the 10th time since 2000 is still good.

But from there we need to get back to the 23 years prior to 2000, where we won 6+ 18 times, but half of those were 8+ wins/yr

I agree, can GS/CDW/DV mimic Pat White, remember WV, we shall see

Hopefully every week GS and CDRW get a little healthier.

It would be interesting to see CDRW (6’2”, 222) in the shotgun (or pseudo-wildcat) next to Allen with Villari (6’4”, 234) and Shrader (6’4”, 224) also on the field shifting and going in motion to create advantages; 4 guys who can run and a couple who can throw (maybe). Three “football players” and a running back.

Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

I say put CDRW in with Schrader. When the snap goes to CDRW he just needs to stand there and throw if his ankle is still not better. Defense doesn't know which way we are going. Add Villari, Allen, and Price and we got trickery galore again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom