Gbinije | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije

TinyManInside

Our only goal will be the western shores.
Silent G is quietly putting together an historic season shooting the ball from beyond the arc. He's currently at 50.9% from three in league games. I'm pretty sure that this is the best percentage that any SU player has ever posted in league (ACC or Big East) play.

To put it in perspective, if he were possessed by the ghost of Ron Patterson and made 7 of his next 53 three point attempts, he'd still have a higher percentage than Cooney.

Silent G is quietly putting together an historic season shooting the ball from beyond the arc. He's currently at 50.9% from three in league games. I'm pretty sure that this is the best percentage that any SU player has ever posted in league (ACC or Big East) play.

To put it in perspective, if he were possessed by the ghost of Ron Patterson and made 7 of his next 53 three point attempts, he'd still have a higher percentage than Cooney.
cooney would find a way to have at least 54 attempts in that time frame

He's in his fourth year of college, I'm sure he'll have a degree, and his stock has never been higher. I'm sure a league somewhere would pay him a decent amount.

He's in his fourth year of college, I'm sure he'll have a degree, and his stock has never been higher. I'm sure a league somewhere would pay him a decent amount.

agree. He is a pretty safe bet to leave. People dont seem to think its going to happen, but stay tuned people !!!

and all next year: "can you imagine if we just had G this year how good we would be?" (myself included will say this)

G coming back is the difference between a top 10 team or a fringe top 25 team IMO.

and his stock has never been higher.
yeah that's why he's not showing up anywhere on anyone's mock draft, not even 2nd round.

and yeah, no players ever use their 5th year to try and get to a final 4 or improve their pro prospects.

:rolleyes:

yeah that's why he's not showing up anywhere on anyone's mock draft, not even 2nd round.

and yeah, no players ever use their 5th year to try and get to a final 4 or improve their pro prospects.

:rolleyes:

1. I intentionally left out "NBA" and intentionally added "somewhere." You can make decent money overseas, and you have a small window to do so professionally.

2. I am not saying he will leave, and obviously I don't want him to (I tend toward pessimism, but I AM a Syracuse fan.). All I'm saying is there is a possibility he could leave. Someone, somewhere will pay him to play ball.

1. I intentionally left out "NBA" and intentionally added "somewhere." You can make decent money overseas, and you have a small window to do so professionally.

2. I am not saying he will leave, and obviously I don't want him to (I tend toward pessimism, but I AM a Syracuse fan.). All I'm saying I suppose is there is a possibility he could leave.
your post was spot on and in no way out of line.

G is having the year junior Fair had. He is sooooo wide open on his attempts. They both had a pretty but slow shot going up, hopefully this team and next years can continue giving him open looks. May pose difficult next year without Raks inside presence.

docsu said:
1. I intentionally left out "NBA" and intentionally added "somewhere." You can make decent money overseas, and you have a small window to do so professionally. 2. I am not saying he will leave, and obviously I don't want him to (I tend toward pessimism, but I AM a Syracuse fan.). All I'm saying is there is a possibility he could leave. Someone, somewhere will pay him to play ball.

If he's maximized his pro potential, which he may of, he should still leave early.

All I'm saying is there is a possibility he could leave. Someone, somewhere will pay him to play ball.
point(s) taken... but as far as this quoted part goes, you could really say this about almost any d1 basketball player

My unofficial tally has 50.9% swish and 49.1% airballs. Nobody in ncaa history hits the rim less, right?

I don't think he's a lock to come back. He's been awesome for most of the ACC schedule (16.2 ppg, 5.8 rbg, 4.0 apg).

cooney would find a way to have at least 54 attempts in that time frame

Unlikely, Cooney shoots about twice as many threes at G, so he'd probably huck up about 105 in that same time frame.

I'm paranoid about this. Anyone we have who has even slight p ro potential leaves.

If you play for Syracuse and are even in the discussion to maybe get drafted, you must leave.

I don't think he's a lock to come back. He's been awesome for most of the ACC schedule (16.2 ppg, 5.8 rbg, 4.0 apg).

Unlikely, Cooney shoots about twice as many threes at G, so he'd probably huck up about 105 in that same time frame.
boeheim likes his gunners at the 2. i wish i had better stats about it but the era of designated shooters should be done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom