Geno Smith looks like ... | Syracusefan.com

Geno Smith looks like ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
a keeper. Remarkable poise for a rookie, good arm, really good legs. They've won 3 games with a FG on the last play, I believe? Rookies don't usually prosper in close games. If I was Mark Sanchez, I'd be telling my agent to start looking around for an offer. As a long-suffering Jets fan, I'm very pleasantly surprised, and ready to turn the page on Sanchez.

Thoughts?

He has a good game, then bad game so far. Will be interesting, he's been better than I thought he would be - which is why I am not a talent evaluator

He's been better than I thought too. Still would like to give it a bit more time before devouring my full dose of crow. Remember people were pounding the "Sanchez is a winner/clutch" drum two full years into his career. The Pats missing their 3 best players on D helps too.

Richardson/Wilkerson is a beast rookie combo. Not thrilled with the Bills having to deal with that for the next however many years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

My thoughts are-Go Bills!

Rookies go up and down from week to week. That's natural in the NFL. He's obviously struggled against more complex defenses, but it's clear the team is fully behind him. The front seven on defense is as good as any in the NFL, and the running game has helped him. The Jets are better than I thought we'd be this year, and I'm almost upset that we are. I wanted one more year of futility to keep us high in the draft, but I'm hoping we can find some offensive skill players to help Geno out. First thing we have to do is lock up Wilkerson, though.

The guy drives me crazy with is general attitude and body language. Every time they show his face it is like someone told him that there is no Santa Clause. Very pouty and immature. He reminds me of Cutler in that way.

Yeah, the guy is a rookie, he has good weeks and bad weeks. I think he's probably done about as well as the Jets could have expected though, right? The thing is, we could (and did, probably) say a lot of these things about Sanchez when he was a rookie. So you never know, but the Jets won't be looking for a QB for the next year or two, that seems to be the case.