George Morris | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

George Morris

names:

Morgan, Morris, Scelfo, Perkins, Lynch (the usual ones bantered about)

Here could be some shockers - how about these: Trae Clark (DT - OH), Ryan Watson (OG - MD), Jeremy Glinton (WR - FL), Tevin Coleman (RB - IL), Kenderious Whitehead (DE - GA), Justin Thomason (DE - GA), Bryan Johnson (DE - NCC), Bam Bradley (S - OH) Corry Omeally (CB - FL)

Unfortunately I have heard we are out of the Whitehead race ... totally sucks too ... kid is a player.

Unfortunately I have heard we are out of the Whitehead race ... totally sucks too ... kid is a player.
It's be nice to land Bradley just so we have a player named "Bam". I never knew a Bam that sucked.

names:

Morgan, Morris, Scelfo, Perkins, Lynch (the usual ones bantered about)

Here could be some shockers - how about these: Trae Clark (DT - OH), Ryan Watson (OG - MD), Jeremy Glinton (WR - FL), Tevin Coleman (RB - IL), Kenderious Whitehead (DE - GA), Justin Thomason (DE - GA), Bryan Johnson (DE - NCC), Bam Bradley (S - OH) Corry Omeally (CB - FL)
Jarron Jones

Recruiting rules prevent SU from making any comment about a specific player, so I assume a silent verbal has to be at the player's request. Star players like to hold announcement ceremonies at their schools, which they want to defer until after the state playoffs are over. Others might want to wait until their families are together over the holidays.
A team can absolutely tell a player to keep quiet. They might not want a certain school to get in the mix so they tell that player not to say anything so that other school doesnt offer a scholarship and start recruiting *cough*ru*cough*

A team can absolutely tell a player to keep quiet. They might not want a certain school to get in the mix so they tell that player not to say anything so that other school doesnt offer a scholarship and start recruiting *cough*ru*cough*

Sometimes though from a player perspective its safe to keep it quiet because you can still line up free trips across the country to see other programs and make a weekend out of it. If you keep your verbal silent you are still being offered official visits and garnering attention which is something some of these kids love.

Morris would be a great get. More concerned with McFarlane's status. I think Mac is going to be really good.

Morris would be a great get. More concerned with McFarlane's status. I think Mac is going to be really good.

I still think we get Mac and Morris ... at least I hope we do ...

You're absolutely correct. I was attempting to respond to the comment that suggested the silent verbals must have been initiated by Marrone... which as you point out, could very well be the case, but it's just as likely at the player's request.

I also agree about the MO of a certain school in New Jersey, but you'd have to think by now, they would be well aware of the few remaining players who have us on their short list, so I have a difficult time comprehending the strategy for asking a recruit to keep quiet.

I would bet it is at the recruits request. The playoffs are starting or happening for a lot of schools. They don't want the added distraction of everyone knowing that they picked a school to go to, all his classmates/teammates "oh you picked Syracuse huh?!?? Thats a good/bad choice." I bet they would rather deal with that after the season.

Also I am sure some recruits have relationships with the coaches at every school that is recruiting them. Any respectable recruit would want to be the one to let the coaches of the other schools know that he is going elseware. And I am sure it takes time to get the courage to make those phone calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom