Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc.. | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc..

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Syracuse Orangemen at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - 19 October 2013
last update: 10 October 2013

Tailgate info can be found in here.

Tickets:
I will be organizing group tickets for the Syracuse at Georgia Tech game scheduled for October 19th.
We have contacts within the Georgia Tech ticket office that we're working with.

There are two price points that are being made available. One at $43 and the other at $33.
The following diagram indicates where ticket locations are expected to be (according to the GA Tech).

GATech-Seating-Pricing-Final-800.png

Please send me a PM (or email to SyracuseFan.Tickets@gmail.com) if you're planning on attending.
Please provide:
  1. number of tickets you expect to need
  2. if you're interested in a group tailgate
  3. if you're willing to assist with the tailgate setup, etc..
Tailgate:
I'm also involved with the local alumni club and will be organizing some things for them as well. The alumni club will be joining the university's official pre-game event. As a result, I will not be able to organize the tailgate. I'm looking for some other locals to take the lead on that. I haven't been to a GA Tech game yet, so I'm not the best person to organize that anyway. Georgia Tech indicated that they will be able to provide us with some parking passes. Hopefully this will be in a lot so that we can use this as the tailgate location.

If you live in the Atlanta area and want to lead or assist with the tailgate please let me know.

Here is Georgia Tech's child/lap policy for kids 2 and under:
All children ages 2 & under may attend free of charge.

Complimentary admission is provided in lieu of a paid game ticket, under the condition that the child is a "babe in arms" or is seated in the lap of the ticketed patron. All other patrons require a game ticket for admission.

All information will be updated in this post.

Game Attendance:

Confirmed : 100
- Aweart23 : 10
- Cabby1 : 4
- cuckster7 : 4
- CusefanATL : 25
- djmatl : 8
- domedog : 2
- JJReddawg : 7
- JohnCuse44 : 2
- Moontan : 4
- NashvilleOrange : 3
- Orange & Blue : 3
- OrangeMojo : 3
- ragman46 : 3
- SarasotaPaul : 3
- SF Cuse : 6
- swish7 : 3
- Timonen : 2
- TravelinTF : 2
- UelSU : 2
- WhitesboroOrange : 4

Tailgaters:
- Aweart23 : 4+
- Cabby1 : 2
- Cusejuicy : 3
- JJReddawg : 3
- JohnCuse44 : 4-5
- Moontan (partial)
- ragman46 :
- WhitesboroOrange : 4

Total : 23+

Tailgate Assistance/Items:
- JohnCuse44
- Moontan - Table, Cooler

Contact Info:
For those of you requesting tickets, please provide the following information either via PM or email to SyracuseFan.Tickets@gmail.com :
  • Name
  • email address
  • mailing address
  • mobile phone number
The phone number may be needed for some last minute seating re-arrangements. The mailing address is where your tickets will be sent, unless you make other arrangements. Ticket Ordering/Payment instructions will be sent via email to the address that you've provided.

For those of you in the Atlanta area. Tickets will also be available for pickup at Syracuse University Alumni Club of Atlanta game viewing events. I can bring your tickets for the SU vs. PSU game viewing and some others.

I would prefer to have tickets in your hands well before game day so that we can all enjoy the game day events without having to worry about ticket issues.

Hint: we could really use a tailgating/roadtrip forum. :)

Last edited:
I'll definitely be there (live in town and work essentially across the street). With kids/family stuff I can't even plan succesfully for tomorrow much less October so I'm definitely not a person to lead things. Will definitely be in the mix at some level, though!

Placeholder for Lodging Info

Placeholder for dining info / recommendations.

ATL folks...any info you give is appreciated. I'll be using it for the GTech Tailgate and Visitors Guide.

ATL folks...any info you give is appreciated. I'll be using it for the GTech Tailgate and Visitors Guide.
Want info here or via PM to compile with others? I have plenty of concrete recos and also editorials/suggestions for tradeoffs.

There were some recommendations in a Final Four thread over on the hoops board. I'll be stealing some info from there.

Want info here or via PM to compile with others? I have plenty of concrete recos and also editorials/suggestions for tradeoffs.
I'd place them here to generate convo and maybe more interest in the game.

This is what I know about GTech: Huge airport, traffic sucks, school somewhere near downtown, Buckhead is good, The Varsity is an institution, and they drive around in some old vehicle at the stadium.

http://thevarsity.com/

If you are military or former military with an ID card, an option to stay is Dobbins ARB, which is in Marietta, GA, Northwest of Atlanta. I have stayed there before, the lodging is nice and rates reasonable.

Dobbins Link: http://www.dobbins.afrc.af.mil/

As long as I can get to the Varsity and Fado', I should be able to attend. Numbers to follow as I should see if my wife wants to attend as well as my former ATL buddies who went to Tech. Does the local alumni club still go to Jocks and Jills or Barnacles for SU games?

I live in the ATL area & I'll be there with my GA Tech son.

As long as I can get to the Varsity and Fado', I should be able to attend. Numbers to follow as I should see if my wife wants to attend as well as my former ATL buddies who went to Tech. Does the local alumni club still go to Jocks and Jills or Barnacles for SU games?
We've moved on for game viewing to the Hudson Grille - Sandy Springs (though, if we keep being treated like we were on Saturday that may change).

I lived in Atlanta from '95-2000 and attended quite a few gatherings. It was a really nice bunch of people.

I will be organizing group tickets for the Syracuse at Georgia Tech game scheduled for October 19th.

Please send me a PM if you're planning on attending.
Please provide:
I'm also involved with the local alumni club and will be organizing some things for them as well. As a result, I will not be able to organize the tailgate. I'm looking for some other locals to take the lead on that. I haven't been to a GA Tech game yet, so I'm not the best person to organize that anyway.

If you live in the Atlanta area and want to lead or assist with the tailgate please let me know.

Attendance:
- Moontan : 4 tickets
- Javadoc : 1-5
- SUFaninNJ : 1+
- Timonen : 1+ (? let me know how many ?)

Total : 11-15+

Tailgaters:
- Moontan (partial)

Total : ??

- Moontan - Table, Cooler, Food

Please send me a PM if you're planning on attending.
Please provide:
I'm also involved with the local alumni club and will be organizing some things for them as well. As a result, I will not be able to organize the tailgate. I'm looking for some other locals to take the lead on that. I haven't been to a GA Tech game yet, so I'm not the best person to organize that anyway.

Attendance:
- Moontan : 4 tickets
- Javadoc : 1-5
- SUFaninNJ : 1+
- Timonen : 1+ (? let me know how many ?)

Total : 11-15+

Tailgaters:
- Moontan (partial)

Total : ??

- Moontan - Table, Cooler, Food

Hey Mootan, Thanks for taking the lead here. Put me down for four tickets and attendees to the tailgate party. I'll PM you for payment information.

I'm probably in for 2-4 tickets, but not ready to commit quite yet. We would be doing our own tailgate though.

I'd place them here to generate convo and maybe more interest in the game.

This is what I know about GTech: Huge airport, traffic sucks, school somewhere near downtown, Buckhead is good, The Varsity is an institution, and they drive around in some old vehicle at the stadium.

http://thevarsity.com/

Ha, that's a nice starting point. Let's first establish that Atlanta is sprawling. Even within areas, areas aren't always walkable for most. Plan well around transit, have a car or be ready to use a taxi for exploring. There are three key areas to stay that we'll call optimal for a visit to ATL/game at GT.

1) Downtown
-plenty of hotels
-good transit (MARTA rail...don't take the bus) access to airport and other key areas
-some good touristy stuff (aquarium, CNN, Philips Arena, Childrens Museum, Turner Field, Centennial Park...in daytime)
-some bad touristy stuff (World of Coke, Underground Atlanta, Hooters, Hard Rock Cafe, etc)
-decent restaurant options but not always at night or on weekends since mostly driven by the work crowd)
-potentially walkable to GT if you're up for a stroll but some somewhat dicey areas in between depending on your starting point.

2) Midtown
-Georgia Tech is on the West side of Midtown, across the highway from where much of the stuff is. It's also on teh border of downtown. Potentially walkable but take a little caution depending on your path. The closest MARTA stop is a few blocks away on the other side of the highway. potentially a sketchy walk, but not actually that far
-For business-minded folks, GT is flanked by Coke's hq and Turner's hq
-There are a few fantastic areas of midtown (around 14th st is one) that offer lots of bars/restaurants/hotels within vicinity of one another.
-Piedmont Park is in this area, which is fantastic during daytime. On the edge of teh park is Flying Biscuit which is a great breakfast/brunch place (there are lots of them) that's been around forever andis highly respected
-The High Museum or Art is near here (next door to symphony hall) and very nice if that's your thing.
-Midtown has a thriving "alternative lifestyle" core, which frankly adds to the fun and aesthetics of the area. If that's not your thing, take note of where your hotel is.
-The selection of restuarants is incredible. Diverse and fantastic...but fairly spread. Do your research and pick/choose. I'll come up with a solid list but a great pregame place on GT's side of town is Six Feet Under. Great catfish and plenty of other stuff. Cool (mostly adult) environment. Great beer selection.
-MARTA has some stops in this area, though not on the West side.
-Adjacent to Midtown is an area called Virgina-Highlands. Great smaller shops and bars/restaurants. Good area for strolling.

3) Buckhead (north of Midtown)
-It's sort of cliche but Buckhead is the younger party area.
-Buckhead is also good for mall shopping, if that's your thing. Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza are across from one another and right on the MARTA line. There's also a number of hotels right there.
-Food/drink options are fantastic in BH
-If you're interested in a fun drive, take a ride down West Paces Ferry Road (from Peachtree). Giant mansions are really neat to see and marvel at how the heck these are in the middle of a city. One of them is the governors mansion

4) Other areas of note that probably don't make perfect sense to stay but offer plenty to do are Decatur and Vinings.

There's a million other niche things and much more detail to add across the board, but we can add to it over time.

Ha, that's a nice starting point. Let's first establish that Atlanta is sprawling. Even within areas, areas aren't always walkable for most. Plan well around transit, have a car or be ready to use a taxi for exploring. There are three key areas to stay that we'll call optimal for a visit to ATL/game at GT.

1) Downtown
-plenty of hotels
-good transit (MARTA rail...don't take the bus) access to airport and other key areas
-some good touristy stuff (aquarium, CNN, Philips Arena, Childrens Museum, Turner Field, Centennial Park...in daytime)
-some bad touristy stuff (World of Coke, Underground Atlanta, Hooters, Hard Rock Cafe, etc)
-decent restaurant options but not always at night or on weekends since mostly driven by the work crowd)
-potentially walkable to GT if you're up for a stroll but some somewhat dicey areas in between depending on your starting point.

2) Midtown
-Georgia Tech is on the West side of Midtown, across the highway from where much of the stuff is. It's also on teh border of downtown. Potentially walkable but take a little caution depending on your path. The closest MARTA stop is a few blocks away on the other side of the highway. potentially a sketchy walk, but not actually that far
-For business-minded folks, GT is flanked by Coke's hq and Turner's hq
-There are a few fantastic areas of midtown (around 14th st is one) that offer lots of bars/restaurants/hotels within vicinity of one another.
-Piedmont Park is in this area, which is fantastic during daytime. On the edge of teh park is Flying Biscuit which is a great breakfast/brunch place (there are lots of them) that's been around forever andis highly respected
-The High Museum or Art is near here (next door to symphony hall) and very nice if that's your thing.
-Midtown has a thriving "alternative lifestyle" core, which frankly adds to the fun and aesthetics of the area. If that's not your thing, take note of where your hotel is.
-The selection of restuarants is incredible. Diverse and fantastic...but fairly spread. Do your research and pick/choose. I'll come up with a solid list but a great pregame place on GT's side of town is Six Feet Under. Great catfish and plenty of other stuff. Cool (mostly adult) environment. Great beer selection.
-MARTA has some stops in this area, though not on the West side.
-Adjacent to Midtown is an area called Virgina-Highlands. Great smaller shops and bars/restaurants. Good area for strolling.

3) Buckhead (north of Midtown)
-It's sort of cliche but Buckhead is the younger party area.
-Buckhead is also good for mall shopping, if that's your thing. Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza are across from one another and right on the MARTA line. There's also a number of hotels right there.
-Food/drink options are fantastic in BH
-If you're interested in a fun drive, take a ride down West Paces Ferry Road (from Peachtree). Giant mansions are really neat to see and marvel at how the heck these are in the middle of a city. One of them is the governors mansion

4) Other areas of note that probably don't make perfect sense to stay but offer plenty to do are Decatur and Vinings.

There's a million other niche things and much more detail to add across the board, but we can add to it over time.

Nice wrap up. I lived in Vinings for 5 years in the mid to late 90's. I can't wait to get back!

Nice wrap up. I lived in Vinings for 5 years in the mid to late 90's. I can't wait to get back!
I'm about 1/2 mile down the road from Vinings in Smyrna. Easy highway or back road drive to downtown for work.

We've moved on for game viewing to the Hudson Grille - Sandy Springs (though, if we keep being treated like we were on Saturday that may change).

whoa! what did i miss?!

sorry that i am hogging this all of a sudden.

I am in the beginning phases of organizing tickets. Is there a max that you can get?

I'll more than likely need 6 at a minimum... but a potential of upwards of 25. feasible?

sorry that i am hogging this all of a sudden.

I am in the beginning phases of organizing tickets. Is there a max that you can get?

I'll more than likely need 6 at a minimum... but a potential of upwards of 25. feasible?
Pretty sure Jurrie can cover it...especially if you take responsibility for getting your 25 tix to your buddies. If not contact me off line and I'll put you in touch with the GTech group sales guy.

Shouldn't be a problem, the more the merrier... and it'll make for a bigger block of Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom