Georgia Tech to the Big Ten? | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech to the Big Ten?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Gus Johnson just said that was the rumor.

Does anything make sense any more?

That's been the rumor all week. I get that the Big 10 is chasing markets, but at some point you need to have a product that doesn't suck to be able to market it in the long run. They're adding big markets with awful teams - not sure that it will pay off in the long run for them.

Comes from a twitter account created a couple of days ago and with almost no followers. Sounds like complete made up b.s.

Of course I'll eat my words in a few days.

It's BS- no outlet that could be considered remotely reputable has reported this. What's amazing is how easy it is in the age of Twitter for anyone with a Twitter account/blog to make up something like this and have it spread so quickly that people like Gus Johnson at a major network hear about it, and the GT AD has to release a statement denying it.

Wasn't the big buzz on the internet yesterday that it was Georgia Tech and Syracuse to the B1G , started by some Wake Forest source? And then Kansas and UConn to the ACC as replacements. Whole thing sounds ridiculous to me.

Wasn't the big buzz on the internet yesterday that it was Georgia Tech and Syracuse to the B1G , started by some Wake Forest source? And then Kansas and UConn to the ACC as replacements. Whole thing sounds ridiculous to me.

It would be nice if being ridiculous meant that something wasn't going to happen. :crazy:

This reminds me of that hysteria two seasons ago ... when someone on a poker site in Missouri posted that Scoop Jardine was point-shaving. It was picked up by all kinds of media and created a tsunami on the basketball forum here ... until the guy who created it saw what he had wrought... and came clean and said he made the whole thing up.

We all think that little johnny is sitting in mom's and dad's basement creating these twitter accounts. Truth be told, it wouldn't surprise me one iota to find it were someone within the B1G conference itself sending out this bad information in an attempt to create some divides within the ACC.

I'm pretty sure they purposely leak some things. One constant has been that someone breaks some news (not always just a guess) that ends up being right, and then that person's source dries up.

Not that denials mean much anymore but here is the GT denial earlier today:

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-s...g-anywhere/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_tech_sports

And here is the Virginia denial (the team that is suppose to announce they are going with GT on Monday per the same source Gus Johnson referred to) from last Tuesday when UVa to the Big Ten was even hotter than GT.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...irginia-big-ten-realignment-rumors-conference

Don't know what to believe anymore, but as one Georgia Tech fan says, "When there's been a lot of smoke is usually when nothing happens."

Cheers,
Neil

Btw, the source is Kevin Jones from WUSA9, a CBS affiliate in DC.

Regardless, this has been one CRAZY week ... Monday: Maryland; Tuesday: Rutgers, Tulane, ECU. Wednesday: Louisville ... Nothing else will be surprising. Bring it on!!! Or not ....

We all think that little johnny is sitting in mom's and dad's basement creating these twitter accounts. Truth be told, it wouldn't surprise me one iota to find it were someone within the B1G conference itself sending out this bad information in an attempt to create some divides within the ACC.

But the Big Ten is "safe": they will be one of the four superconferences is that is the future. The ACC's real enemy in the "Monster Bug Wars" is the Big 12.

ALL rumors of ACC teams being poached by other conferences can be traced to a trailer outside of Beckley, West Virginia. That's just the way it is.

ALL rumors of ACC teams being poached by other conferences can be traced to a trailer outside of Beckley, West Virginia. That's just the way it is.
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom