Get rid of the Tampa 2 immediately | Syracusefan.com

Get rid of the Tampa 2 immediately

Czar

All Conference
This is gonna look so reactionary, but I don't care. When we got Babers offense, I was so happy, and I'm still incredibly sure it's going to work out given more time.

But I never really believed in Brian Ward trying to bring the Tampa 2 here. It's a bad, outdated defense. It's impossible to run in the NFL at this point unless your MLB is a freak who runs a 4.45 and is built like the hulk, it's even harder in college let alone here at Syracuse where good luck EVER finding that. Flat footed safeties, linebackers who aren't fast enough to do what they need to do in this defense, no. I wanted to give the defense a chance with Ward, and after just 5 minutes of this crap, no.

Get rid of the Tampa 2.

We don't and won't ever have the personnel to run this defense successfully.

You guys get a little emotional when we're playing pssibly the most dynamic QB in the country. Here...

38247ph03-snk-sngl-rndr_11148095.jpg

The more I think about it, it's so counter intuitive. "Let's run a cutting edge, push the boundaries, aggressive offense and back it up with an archaic out of date, conservative defense." Makes no sense.

Absolutely not. Christ, does nobody remember getting shellacked by Georgia Tech during Shafer's first season? That was like week 6. This is week 2 against one of the best offenses in the country.

The more I think about it, it's so counter intuitive. "Let's run a cutting edge, push the boundaries, aggressive offense and back it up with an archaic out of date, conservative defense." Makes no sense.
Tampa 2 is a base defense.

Cootface said:

Not much different than recruiting top 10 caliber, super athletic offensive talent for hoops and then playing a 2-3 zone.

i think the argument for the tampa 2 is that it's simple and works if you have speed. simpler means you can spend more time perfecting offense.

i don't know though. if louisville had thumbs, they'd have 1500 yards today

Absolutely not. Christ, does nobody remember getting shellacked by Georgia Tech during Shafer's first season? That was like week 6. This is week 2 against one of the best offenses in the country.

I just don't have faith in a Tampa 2, period. Wanted to give it a slight chance because hey, maybe Ward had an idea that other defensive coaches the past decade haven't...

But no, it's just a dinosaur defense.

we should throw a revolutionary attack attack blitz 7 attack D

both the O and D would be feast or famine and bee off the field in under 3 mins per drive

I just don't have faith in a Tampa 2, period. Wanted to give it a slight chance because hey, maybe Ward had an idea that other defensive coaches the past decade haven't...

But no, it's just a dinosaur defense.

Being a Cowboys fan, I have seen way too much of the Tampa two, unless you have the personnel like Tampa, or the Bears had, its not the best defense to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom