Get to the dome this Saturday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Get to the dome this Saturday

Boston doesn't help their hoops recruiting a lick.

Coaches recruit.

I live minutes from BC. I've been a season ticket off and on for 10 years there. Coaches recruit. BC is not in the city, it has higher standards to get in and has less history and prestige, football wise, than Syracuse. Their own fans will admit to that. BC only revs up when the event calls for it. When they were top 5 playing FSU there was a buzz. ND is usually a buzz but it's always ALWAYS muted either by Red Sox playoffs or Patriots football.

At points during the 90s, after the Miami game, we were THE big game on campus there.

There is no metric anyone can show me that would tell me that BC is a better program than Syracuse and should remain so. It's only that reason b/c we have had an inept AD and zero ranked teams, due to staid coaching, for almost 4 presidential periods.

I can't. I'm sick of losing and sick of the rationalizations.
I want to be a consistent winner again before I'm too old to care anymore. I think 99.99% of those here are sick of losing so we share the torment. However, I'm an SU football fan & the thread was encouraging us to support the players and team, not making a statement about anything other than that. As a fan I'm discouraged but the players feel it worse. As to the coaches & the direction of the program, I'll leave it to Coyle & Syverud to figure out. I think they're good people who can help us. It's rare to have the #1 team visit the dome. It would be nice to help make it an event to remember, win or lose. LGO!!

I want to be a consistent winner again before I'm too old to care anymore. I think 99.99% of those here are sick of losing so we share the torment. However, I'm an SU football fan & the thread was encouraging us to support the players and team, not making a statement about anything other than that. As a fan I'm discouraged but the players feel it worse. As to the coaches & the direction of the program, I'll leave it to Coyle & Syverud to figure out. I think they're good people who can help us. It's rare to have the #1 team visit the dome. It would be nice to help make it an event to remember, win or lose. LGO!!
God bless ya Shenexon, don't know how you do it. My heart is with ya my head not so much. You gotta give me some of that mojo on sat!

God bless ya Shenexon, don't know how you do it. My heart is with ya my head not so much. You gotta give me some of that mojo on sat!
Are you kidding? I get that mojo from YOU and the rest of the fans that held steady during the really tough times. This year is one of the few years I've been able to add to the mix. One way or another things are going to get better. I think Coyle and Syverud will find a way. They're dynamic guys. For me, every game is a rare opportunity to share a historic event...and a renewal of hope in a way. I kinda feel like I'm celebrating Dan Johnson and all of the other real gameday fans that have helped to create the tradition SU has. I'm cheering on their behalf because it's my turn. I was hoping for a bowl season as I don't know about next year but have been able to participate this year. We don't always get what we want or expect, but being at the dome this year has been important to me. Kudos to all of you that have made gameday tailgating into a consistently good performance. The team may falter, but you guys rock. LGO!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom