Getting ready to get ready | Syracusefan.com

Getting ready to get ready

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
. . . for basketball!

Okay, after that despicable Giants game yesterday, we went to see "The Martian." Such a good movie!! If ever there was a definition of "can do," that film exemplifies it. It rather psyched me up for the game tonight, and I need it because my pre-basketball-season-readiness is not in the greatest state. It has been dampened by the sad football season and coach controversy, and further dampened by JB's disqualification to coach 9 ACC games. I am a soggy mess altogether!

BUT - I shall be wearing my Syracuse tee shirt all day (since I don't have to work - HAH!) and will eat my lucky tacos before the game. (I have begun to notice a correlation between tacos and winning. If it keeps up, I will become quite fat.) My daughter and I will have a great walk to and from the game, and begin our basketball bonding. When I get home, I will immediately watch the replay of the game so I can see the players' faces and get to figure out who is who. I find all these little behaviors soothing, and feel certain that if something goes awry tonight it will NOT be because of anything I have done. I take my responsibility seriously.

What else do people do to get ready for an upcoming season?

We got the Gbinije, they say that he can play
And that Travis Cooney shoots the 3, or so they say
DaJuan be on the court, and he be not so short
And with Boeheim we will always have the sharp retort
Can do! Can do!
The coach say the guys can do.
Can do.
CAN DO!

Travis? I heard the movie was just OK. They limited, so I heard, many of the important parts and did so especially on his ride to the new base. The book was soooo good. Don't know how they could have lived up to it. But isn't that so with so many movies taken from books.

Wow. I just realized. We have only 9 eligible players and it seems we have more walk-ons than scholarship players. Amazing as I was going over the roster!!

Travis? I heard the movie was just OK. They limited, so I heard, many of the important parts and did so especially on his ride to the new base. The book was soooo good. Don't know how they could have lived up to it. But isn't that so with so many movies taken from books.
Well, you have to know "Travis" was a joke.

Adrian Autry's son looked pretty good in practice. I would not count him out as someone who could potentially see some playing time if needed.
And hopefully we will hear from the NCAA one of these days, and possibly get something back.
But in the meantime, Duke won with 8 last year so......

Wow. I just realized. We have only 9 eligible players and it seems we have more walk-ons than scholarship players. Amazing as I was going over the roster!!
Yes but we probably go 9 deep :) And 7'2 jr. Chuckwu is here a year early :)

My morning started with exciting blurry half awake dreams of syracuse basketball which I never get. Was so excited falling asleep last night :)

Now I got orange all access playing if you click the audio you get rock music which will go right into the orange radio pregame.
Man I miss rock music there is little to nothing left of that era.
It reminds me of syracuse basketball without all the talking heads(like myself) and the excitement and fun of the game. The old BE feeling and playing cupcakes early on.

Love turning on the radio and the first song to hear cocaine. Not so much the message but the song is Awesome!

Can't Wait practice starts today! :)

. . . for basketball!

Okay, after that despicable Giants game yesterday, we went to see "The Martian." Such a good movie!! If ever there was a definition of "can do," that film exemplifies it. It rather psyched me up for the game tonight, and I need it because my pre-basketball-season-readiness is not in the greatest state. It has been dampened by the sad football season and coach controversy, and further dampened by JB's disqualification to coach 9 ACC games. I am a soggy mess altogether!

BUT - I shall be wearing my Syracuse tee shirt all day (since I don't have to work - HAH!) and will eat my lucky tacos before the game. (I have begun to notice a correlation between tacos and winning. If it keeps up, I will become quite fat.) My daughter and I will have a great walk to and from the game, and begin our basketball bonding. When I get home, I will immediately watch the replay of the game so I can see the players' faces and get to figure out who is who. I find all these little behaviors soothing, and feel certain that if something goes awry tonight it will NOT be because of anything I have done. I take my responsibility seriously.

What else do people do to get ready for an upcoming season?

We got the Gbinije, they say that he can play
And that Travis Cooney shoots the 3, or so they say
DaJuan be on the court, and he be not so short
And with Boeheim we will always have the sharp retort
Can do! Can do!
The coach say the guys can do.
Can do.
CAN DO!
Nicely done Beadle!

You can't be too excited, Beadle! I've been here a half hour and still haven't seen you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom