Giant Heads in the Student Section | Syracusefan.com

Giant Heads in the Student Section

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
I haven't seen these the past few seasons. I remember back in the 2009-2010 season they were all over the place, made the Dome electric (the student section at least). To any students on this board, please make this happen next season:
2010-01-23-ll-suhoops7jpg-f4ff4ab3fb79b3af.jpg
smb-100129-bigheadwesjpg-2c822c0d904728ac_large.jpg
bigheadsjpg-cf274d462956be23_large.jpg

Truthiness. Went to 3 games this year and don't remember seeing any big heads.

They were a fad that ended. 2010? That is eons ago. It's like wanting to see Woolly Mamouths on campus because we used to have em.

We aren't talking about tomagochi's here. And I think they were around after 2010.

I thought they were cool as heck, they were always shown/talked about on tv... I think bringing them back would be awesome, and would be way easier than bringing back the mullet.

That season was electrifying in so many ways. The student section was at their absolute best! We had a team we all loved. We broke the attendance record playing Nova and actually beat them, which was refreshing! I believe the heads are now passe, and I mourn their passing. Other student bodies did it, too, but ours did it the best.

Where are the snowy heads of yesteryear?

Wasn't there a big head of Nerlens Noel when he took a visit here? I remember there being a thread about it.

Wasn't there a big head of Nerlens Noel when he took a visit here? I remember there being a thread about it.
That sounds familiar, and I think it would be awesome if they made a comeback at SU. Seriously, what needs to be done to make this happen? Do we need to start a fund to get the students to make these?

I'm just saying guys, the freshmen in our student section this fall were in 7th grade when those big heads were a thing. They need to come up with their own new fad, they aren't going to be living in ancient times like that.

I'm just saying guys, the freshmen in our student section this fall were in 7th grade when those big heads were a thing. They need to come up with their own new fad, they aren't going to be living in ancient times like that.

"Hey guys, I know that thing they did a few years ago was super cool, but we have to come up with our own thing... we cant be copy cats! Any thoughts?"... "How do you guys feel about jingling keys on 3rd down?"
I'll bet $5 that's how that conversation went down lol

That sounds familiar, and I think it would be awesome if they made a comeback at SU. Seriously, what needs to be done to make this happen? Do we need to start a fund to get the students to make these?
If my memory is right I think a member of the board paid for that particular bighead and someone found a student to hold it.

"Hey guys, I know that thing they did a few years ago was super cool, but we have to come up with our own thing... we cant be copy cats! Any thoughts?"... "How do you guys feel about jingling keys on 3rd down?"
I'll bet $5 that's how that conversation went down lol

Townies are doing that key thing.

The only students dumb enough to go to football games are the Blutarski's who were in the student section in '93 when it was invented and are still there.

I ran out of gas!

Locusts!!!

NYg0nJ6.gif

Damn I must be really old if 2009 is ancient times.

And yet we still do the wave, we still do player intros with handshakes, still scream "O" during the Star Spangled Banner (stolen from Camden Yards I think). Who cares if they're from 2010, they're still cool.

Its gotta be a pain in the azz to transport them to and from a game.

Unless you can fold them. Do they fold?

Students like Pat Manley apparently only come around once in a generation.

I am very disappointed with the lack of creative ideas and innovation by the students in recent years. This is something Syracuse was known for. The students today are dropping the ball a little bit.

Students like Pat Manley apparently only come around once in a generation.

I am very disappointed with the lack of creative ideas and innovation by the students in recent years. This is something Syracuse was known for. The students today are dropping the ball a little bit.

I'll start a fund to send CuseTroop back to college to provide his guidance and creativity to the current generation.

God help us all.

Townies are doing that key thing.

The only students dumb enough to go to football games are the Blutarski's who were in the student section in '93 when it was invented and are still there.

I ran out of gas!

Locusts!!!

NYg0nJ6.gif

Wow, this comment hurts...

They're such a clever bunch, maybe they'll invent something witty like yelling 'O!' during the national anthem. Or shouting 'you suck balls' after an opponent makes a free throw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom