Giant Heads in the Student Section | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Giant Heads in the Student Section

They're such a clever bunch, maybe they'll invent something witty like yelling 'O!' during the national anthem. Or shouting 'you suck balls' after an opponent makes a free throw.
At least if they shouted that it would be more polite than what was yelled after free throws back in the 80's. Just ask Patrick Ewing among others. I tend to wax rhapsodic about the days of the Manley Zoo.

Would make a very cool mascot...and don't think it's taken by any college team.
Might help Rutgers.
But would sound better for Monmouth.
The Monmouth Mammoths.

Students at my Alma Mater, Wheaton College in Illinois, hated their nickname (The Thunder) so much that a group created their own mascot, Perry Mastadon (after a fossil we have on display on campus) and brought him to games. Two students would get inside and run around while the students went wild. He was way more popular than the actual mascot and pretty impressive for something created in a dorm room.
Tor1.jpg

I'll start a fund to send CuseTroop back to college to provide his guidance and creativity to the current generation.

God help us all.

This is a very scary idea, unless the end goal is to ensure Syracuse University climbs back to the top of the best party schools list for the 8 or 9 years it will take CuseTroop to get his degree.

Students at my Alma Mater, Wheaton College in Illinois, hated their nickname (The Thunder) so much that a group created their own mascot, Perry Mastadon (after a fossil we have on display on campus) and brought him to games. Two students would get inside and run around while the students went wild. He was way more popular than the actual mascot and pretty impressive for something created in a dorm room.

Backup option:

wil-wheaton-plush.jpg

Students like Pat Manley apparently only come around once in a generation.

I am very disappointed with the lack of creative ideas and innovation by the students in recent years. This is something Syracuse was known for. The students today are dropping the ball a little bit.

I think if we offered a scholarship to a Norwich High School graduate each year in honor of Pat Manley, we could create an all-new tradition. Lots of Norwich guys have ginormous heads, so maybe the face could be annually pasted on the noggin of an SU student from Norwich.

This is a very scary idea, unless the end goal is to ensure Syracuse University climbs back to the top of the best party schools list for the 8 or 9 years it will take CuseTroop to get his degree.

Using a time machine I found in the basement, I found actual video of future CuseTroop at the end of his time on the Hill. .

A ton of us had them when Duke came to town for the first time in 2014 for College Gameday. This was ours. Ended up getting featured on Bleacher Report for it. View attachment 62801 View attachment 62802
A ton? No. I was there. It was a handful of small scale, unimaginative efforts that were very week.

The Duke sign looks like it was put together in less than 30 seconds. It isn't clever or new or thoughtful and certainly wasn't executed well either.

The Richard Sherman head is okay but it is really undersized, has an obvious seam on it and the subject of the head has no tie to Syracuse at all.

I don't want to attack the only people who actually bothered to do anything. Props to you for trying. You are far better than most of your fellow students. If everyone was like you, we would be in good shape.

Here is a better day in the student section. Not a great one but a better one.

fansbigheadsjpg-cc51ac9c3a27f1fe_large.jpg

70095497_medium.jpg

The Syracuse student section is supposed to be special. It is supposed to be the hippest, wittiest, loudest and coolest student section in the country.

We can and should do better.

A ton? No. I was there. It was a handful of small scale, unimaginative efforts that were very week.

The Duke sign looks like it was put together in less than 30 seconds. It isn't clever or new or thoughtful and certainly wasn't executed well either.

The Richard Sherman head is okay but it is really undersized, has an obvious seam on it and the subject of the head has no tie to Syracuse at all.

I don't want to attack the only people who actually bothered to do anything. Props to you for trying. You are far better than most of your fellow students. If everyone was like you, we would be in good shape.

Here is a better day in the student section. Not a great one but a better one.

The Syracuse student section is supposed to be special. It is supposed to be the hippest, wittiest, loudest and coolest student section in the country.

We can and should do better.
\\

There were at least three dozen signs for College Gameday, if you had any issues with them not getting into the game, you can take that up with the Carrier Dome staff who decided to confiscate anything over a certain size. Also, anything remotely PG-13 was confiscated. It was damn near impossible to get a sign in for the actual game; they were more lenient for College Gameday.

This was a week after Richard Sherman's rant at the end of the NFC championship when he called Michael Crabtree mediocre at best. It was relevant enough Bleacher Report to feature us on the home page of their app as one of the top signs of the college basketball season. But I apologize sincerely that my efforts as a 19 year old weren't up to your standards.

Also, all of our signs were handmade. So if the execution isn't flawless, there's your reason. The polished, professional big heads couldn't be bought anywhere on campus for less than $100, and as a broke college student with zero discretionary income, that definitely was not in the cards for us.

Would make a very cool mascot...and don't think it's taken by any college team.
Might help Rutgers.
But would sound better for Monmouth.
The Monmouth Mammoths.
Or South Carolina. The USC Mammoth Cocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom