Giants sign Freeman, what's that mean for Ryan I wonder | Syracusefan.com

Giants sign Freeman, what's that mean for Ryan I wonder

Camp arm.

He might beat out Painter for the other back-up position if the Giants elect to keep 3 QB's again.

I think this move is more indicative of Painter's performance rather than Ryan.

Camp arm.

He might beat out Painter for the other back-up position if the Giants elect to keep 3 QB's again.
a little more than a camp arm.

as far as your painter comparison goes...my guess is yeah, it will be a battle for those 2 for #2. one that freeman feels he can win.

as for nassib...well, hes going to really need to impress in camp because the game snaps are going to be tied up.

the 4th arm is usually an undrafted guy, not a battle for 2.

the Giants may cut ties with the project known as ryan nassib.

as far as your painter comparison goes...my guess is yeah, it will be a battle for those 2 for #2. one that freeman feels he can win.

as for nassib...well, hes going to really need to impress in camp because the game snaps are going to be tied up.

My guess is that Nassib gets a lot of snaps this pre-season. The Giants need to know if he is the backup of the future, or not. If he's not, it's Painter vs. Freeman to hold the clip board. If he is, Freeman and Painter are in there with the scrubs and looking for work by the end of the pre-season. I don't see the Giants keeping 3 QB's again this year, but I could be wrong (obviously).

yeah not sure Nassib is on a roster this season. Cuse fans tend to overvalue our own, rightfully so, but there is a reason that he was passed over by all (including his college coach who took a true project instead).

TBCuse11 said:
yeah not sure Nassib is on a roster this season. Cuse fans tend to overvalue our own, rightfully so, but there is a reason that he was passed over by all (including his college coach who took a true project instead).

I don't think we overvalued him. Until NFL folks thought he could go in the first couple rounds nobody had him pegged there. Heck, Kaiser was being rickshaw rides.

I did think at the time he ended up in a good situation, but so far that has not shown itself to be entirely true. This preseason will say a lot.

Dagnabbit , that wasn't Marrone's call ! Maybe he goes to the Bills if he's cut.

russ lande had him as the #1 prospect last year. swinson swanson samsonite man i was way off!

NYG are going to look pretty stupid if they cut Nassib after 1 year. And GM's never want to look stupid or ever admit a mistake. Nassib has got to be better than Painter who is a proven stiff.

I don't think we overvalued him. Until NFL folks thought he could go in the first couple rounds nobody had him pegged there. Heck, Kaiser was being rickshaw rides.

I did think at the time he ended up in a good situation, but so far that has not shown itself to be entirely true. This preseason will say a lot.
well, a lot of people on here did think hed go in the 1st. i had a lot of takers on that bet and i obviously didnt have to steal a rickshaw to fullfull my end.

i called the 4th, which is where he went (completly unnecessary and gratuitous pat on the back)..

once a Giant, i agreed with what they were trying to do with him. however, it clearly backfired last year. he was totally overwhelmed in the preseason and with all the roster injuries...he was taking up a spot that couldve been used to a greater benefit. sadly the Giants sucked so bad that in the end, it really didnt matter.

but be sure, they arent going to make that mistake again.

NYG are going to look pretty stupid if they cut Nassib after 1 year. And GM's never want to look stupid or ever admit a mistake. Nassib has got to be better than Painter who is a proven stiff.
theyve cut numerous 4th rounders.

will do so again.

expecially this year when all bets are off.

theyve just signed 16 guys and have the draft coming up for 7 more i believe.

no guarantees, its all about the Ws.

reese wouldnt give 2 shlits about the failed nassib project if they go deep into january.

he wants to return, and if cutting nassib helps him keep his job, then they cut nassib.

It's looking more and more like Marrone and Hackett made some delicious chicken salad in 2012.

It's looking more and more like Marrone and Hackett made some delicious chicken salad in 2012.
if people just went by the rating, there's nothing disappointing about his career. all the hype makes him look like a flop when fighting for backup spots is exactly where you'd expect him to be based on his senior year qb rating

the chicken salad became delicious when they started running for 250 per game

if people just went by the rating, there's nothing disappointing about his career. all the hype makes him look like a flop when fighting for backup spots is exactly where you'd expect him to be based on his senior year qb rating
True but Ryan Tannehill ranked much worse in passer rating the previous season and was chosen #8 overall.

I'd be interested to see the correlation between a college QB passer rating rank and his success in the NFL.

True but Ryan Tannehill ranked much worse in passer rating the previous season and was chosen #8 overall.

I'd be interested to see the correlation between a college QB passer rating rank and his success in the NFL.
i don't have it anymore but the gist of it was 150 senior year qb gives you a chance (coin flip)

below 150, pretty unlikely

recent years, not going back to eli brady etc

tannehill never really got to have a senior year at qb (so much time at WR) so he might not really fit

(also, tannehill might not be that good. might be hard to conclude because the rest of their offense is so bad)

they signed freeman because eli will be unable to do work until closer to training camp and to compete with ryan and Curtis for backup job

NFL execs are comical. During the draft last year there was very little interest in quarterbacks , linemen were all the rage. About 5 weeks into the season it became apparent that most teams needed a real quarterback. In fact the first thing a team needs in the NFL is a QB. Ryan Nassib is a better candidate for QB than most in the league. He is better than had Lewis amd if the Bills would have had him last year , they would have made the playoffs.

NFL execs are comical. During the draft last year there was very little interest in quarterbacks , linemen were all the rage. About 5 weeks into the season it became apparent that most teams needed a real quarterback. In fact the first thing a team needs in the NFL is a QB. Ryan Nassib is a better candidate for QB than most in the league. He is better than had Lewis amd if the Bills would have had him last year , they would have made the playoffs.

CousCuse said:
Lol

That's quite a statement, is this Igor in disguise?

EJ Manuel is a "true project"? EJ Manuel is light years ahead of Nassib and Doug and Nate knew that.

I figured Ryan to be a undrafted free agent type until all the madness of discussions about him being a 1st rounder. He does not have a strong arm. Can't throw the sideline out. Even with a weak arm he is not accurrate on his deep ball. He has little to no pocket presence. And last year he couldn't beat out Curtis Painter. My expectation is if the Giants do not draft a QB then Ryan will compete and lose the backup job. If the Giants like him at all they re-sign him to the practice squad after no one else picks him up. I don't see anyway he stays on the roster this year.