Give me 5 Jerome's to coach, and I'm good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Give me 5 Jerome's to coach, and I'm good

jordan sperber identified him as the key to uva's 2nd half adjustments:

fortunately, few opponents will have enough shooters to be as effective with this tactic, but jb has to come up with a new rotation wrinkle nonetheless

Guy is always smirking , making snide remarks, even giving BB some of his smirks when he scored - definitely not as likeable but he’s a sniper who made baskets when guarded closely, when given room, or even taking ‘bad’ shots what would be well beyond the 3 point line. He really backed up those smirks. Between Guy, Jerome and Hunter they shot out of their minds.
don't forget he and moyer were good buddies... im sure he took pleasure in eviscerating Cuse

don't forget he and moyer were good buddies... im sure he took pleasure in eviscerating Cuse

Well Guy was certainly on fire. Regarding Moyer , he hasn’t been a huge factor at Vanderbilt but seemed like a good teammate here at the Cuse. I don’t recall that Bennett offered him the first nor second time in Guy’s behalf. Well getting beat by us in the NCAA tournament and fighting for another low seed this year, I’m certain gives UVA enough motivation to beat us up too. Taking the small guard Clark out and replacing him with Diakite and putting Jerome at the top of the key in the second half, changed the game.

jordan sperber identified him as the key to uva's 2nd half adjustments:

fortunately, few opponents will have enough shooters to be as effective with this tactic, but jb has to come up with a new rotation wrinkle nonetheless

Center sags to the post, strong-side guard defends the ball, Dolezaj rotates to the corner, and Brissett fronts the man on the baseline. Bet that the ball-handler won't pop that 17-foot two-pointer consistently.

Edit: I've said it before, but it's flown under the radar: Buddy allows entry passes more easily than guards are supposed to in this defense. It shows on this clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom