Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Has Chesney ever been even an assistant coach at the FBS level? HUGE risk IMO. Cignetti is 62. Fritz is 63. Was never a big Mullen fan, but he might be a palatable option,

I am leaning Shawn Clark at App State, Coached OLine at Purdue. Had two great years at App but last year and a half haven't been as successful. Always competitive in losses though - only one loss by more than one score.

Hire him as HC and bring back Nick Monroe as Associate HC and DC?

Having a guy with Oline experience I think is a huge selling point. We saw what Marrone did with nothing. No, I’m not saying I want marrone back. We’ve been completely blown out a lot in 8 years. Having some that keeps us in games will be stressful on my liver but a welcome change.

I’m actually confused about what your argument is…you said you’d want to take a bigger swing. I am agreeing. That’s why my number 1 choice is Mullen and Lewis is #2. With that said, I think Lewis is a hell of a coach and would take him.
No real argument other than I am not sure Mullen is any great shakes at this point. Lewis is the new board favorite which makes me feel he will stink. He’s joe Moorhead part 2. The forum is 100% always wrong with this stuff. Hoping wildhack has a good list of people to consult with when it comes to hiring new coach. What cuseguy69bonghit says means nothing

Having a guy with Oline experience I think is a huge selling point. We saw what Marrone did with nothing. No, I’m not saying I want marrone back. We’ve been completely blown out a lot in 8 years. Having some that keeps us in games will be stressful on my liver but a welcome change.
It needs to be in the top 3-4 characteristic of a new HC. Either a guy who can do it himself or has a history of hiring very competent OL coaches. The strength of the coaches network of assistants should honestly be one of the top 2 or 3 characteristics of the hire.

When we don't have a bottomless pit of cash, having strong relationships (a guy people want to work for/with) can help bridge that gap and land better talent.

Doug Marrone
Bob Chesney
Curt Cignetti
Dan Mullen
Brian Hartline

No real argument other than I am not sure Mullen is any great shakes at this point. Lewis is the new board favorite which makes me feel he will stink. He’s joe Moorhead part 2. The forum is 100% always wrong with this stuff. Hoping wildhack has a good list of people to consult with when it comes to hiring new coach. What cuseguy69bonghit says means nothing
I think a lot of people see that Lewis is a good coach. I never liked Moorhead even when he was at PSU. Lewis at least brought in talent and improved the Kent St program. I don’t see that at Akron. I think Lewis is in an even better position since Deion picked him up. Don’t underestimate his impact.

That’s basically what we did with Dino and got 8 years of whatever this has been. I hear you but I’m tired of going cheap and hoping lol.

But SEC and B10 teams spend boatloads of $ on “name” coaches all the time and still miss. $ spent on the HC is absolutely no guarantee. It’s the equivalent of a 1st round QB pick on draft day.

ha ha , Exactly what I have been thinking . due to this board I’m 100% positive that Lewis would be an absolute abject failure. !
PS Would someone tell people Marrone has a slightly better chance then me of being next.

The only thing the new coach needs to do IMO is have a plan on offense that utilizes the fact we are the only team in the region with perfect weather for six games a year.
We thought we had that! Oh well..

Throwing it out there - Jamie Chadwell. Buyout of his Liberty contract may not be doable.

Wouldn’t Liberty have more $ than us if they wanted to keep him? Plus we aren’t buying out his contract, then paying him a new contract that’s going to be greater than what Liberty could re-offer him if they wanted to hold onto him.

I don't think there's any realistic coaching candidate that would move the needle across the broad swath of the fan base.

Doesn’t need to IMO. You bring in urban Meyer and he has the same record as DB, fans aren’t going to show up. You bring in some guy named squeaky mcclean and fans will show up if we win games. Coaching “name” has no significance. Winning is the only that matters.

Doesn’t need to IMO. You bring in urban Meyer and he has the same record as DB, fans aren’t going to show up. You bring in some guy named squeaky mcclean and fans will show up if we win games. Coaching “name” has no significance. Winning is the only that matters.
I tend to agree. Fan following is results oriented in CNY.

Only exception is some circus hire like Deion. I could see people just going because of that initially but if he loses it will be the same thing over time.

IMG_4686.jpeg

Saw this one… Coach Klein

Joe Moörehead? Not exactly killing it at Akron but….NE guy, p5 success, could come here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom