Glad I’m Renewing | Syracusefan.com

Glad I’m Renewing

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Our team fell apart in the 2nd half of the year because of attrition and injury. Dino and leaders like Dungey had our non ACC calibre talent playing over their heads and it wasnt going to last. Its not a lame excuse, dino inherited a mid tier AAC team from FHCSS. Anyone who argues that clearly doesnt see our lack of depth at, well, every position. Its hard winning with undersized players and/or 18/19 year olds.

Its clear that we need depth at every single position. Something we do not have at any position. But guess what Dino’s been doing? Recruiting and redshirting depth at nearly every single position.

Dino’s not a magician. We were blessed to have leaders like Dungey, Ish, Erv, Parris and Zaire play WAY over their heads and embrace what was unfair to ask of them. These guys put it all on the line every snap and allowed us to squeeze by and still be a fun team to watch. Could mention several others as well.

Now we have Dino’s recruits taking over. We return a good, to be great d line. Moe Neal kicks ace, strickland looks much improved in my opinion this year. We will have competition with ACC level talent at every position including quarterback going into next year.

These incoming freshman and returning players have a very special opportunity to compete and earn themselves playing time and I am very excited for the off season and ‘18.

I understand and mostly agree with what you said. It's still awfully hard to get excited or be hopeful for next year after all those a** kickings we just absorbed. Winning consistently seems much harder to imagine now then back in week 5 or 6. I'm sure some optimism will return by next August. Improvement on the scoreboard is going to have to happen soon though, certainly in 2018.

I understand and mostly agree with what you said. It's still awfully hard to get excited or be hopeful for next year after all those a** kickings we just absorbed. Winning consistently seems much harder to imagine now then back in week 5 or 6. I'm sure some optimism will return by next August. Improvement on the scoreboard is going to have to happen soon though, certainly in 2018.
I agree with you. However I’m trying to keep in mind that building depth and a full season of competitiveness is much harder in the ACC atlantic than it is in the AAC or other conferences.

Being realistic with myself, I’m giving Dino until the end of year 4 until I feel comfortable deciding whether or not this has been a sham.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom