GMac had a bigger gap between non conf and conf 3p% than cooney | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

GMac had a bigger gap between non conf and conf 3p% than cooney

i think we recruit really well. i'm not complaining too much. other teams don't score that much against the zone just like other teams have trouble stopping the air raid.

if boeheim can't/won't teach man, we're not playing man. i'm just saying it hurts us on offense and that we could be a great program that plays man to man if boeheim wanted us to be
no disagreement. I think jb can coach man. It isn't like discovering the secret codes of human life.

no disagreement. I think jb can coach man. It isn't like discovering the secret codes of human life.
every year I find myself wondering who that spectacular one on one player is going to be that can do it all himself ala wallace and melo. if you have some superman that can score on his own, zone won't hold you back

boeheim might have one more of those years in him

i'll swear i can still remember listening to JB preseason and coach saying that he had to find a way to reduce jonny's minutes soph. season. well that never happened.

every year I find myself wondering who that spectacular one on one player is going to be that can do it all himself ala wallace and melo. if you have some superman that can score on his own, zone won't hold you back

boeheim might have one more of those years in him
I don't know. It's tough to get to final fours. Calhoun only got to 4 (thing is, he won 3). Jb has only got to 4 ( could have won the other two, his resume would look a bit different if we won the Indy game).

you have to also factor in years at the program. jimmy took over a pretty good SU team in 1976. calhoun took over nobody uconn in 1986 and coached til 2012. so comparing final fours and championships tilts even more in calhoun's favor.

you have to also factor in years at the program. jimmy took over a pretty good SU team in 1976. calhoun took over nobody uconn in 1986 and coached til 2012. so comparing final fours and championships tilts even more in calhoun's favor.
Doesn't change that it's tough to get to final fours. I was a student at Syracuse in '75. The reality was that jb should get credit for that final four.

Doesn't change that it's tough to get to final fours. I was a student at Syracuse in '75. The reality was that jb should get credit for that final four.
i agree it's tough. i said maybe 1 more. we seem to get a final 4 every 9 years or so. it's been 2 years since the last one. boeheim has maybe 3-4 more years? maybe the recruiting has improved enough to shrink that 9 years to 5 or 6. he had 2 in 7 years

i agree it's tough. i said maybe 1 more. we seem to get a final 4 every 9 years or so. it's been 2 years since the last one. boeheim has maybe 3-4 more years? maybe the recruiting has improved enough to shrink that 9 years to 5 or 6. he had 2 in 7 years
yes 1 every 9 years works. I think we really have been more of a contender for it in the last 6 years however. Better seeds.

Defense. The difference between BJ and G in the back line of the zone is night and day.

If you're concern is defense, is a tired Cooney a better defender than a fresh Patterson? As Millhouse mentioned, you also have other options.

If you're concern is defense, is a tired Cooney a better defender than a fresh Patterson? As Millhouse mentioned, you also have other options.

The real question is a tired Cooney better than a tired Joseph...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom