goal line offense | Syracusefan.com

goal line offense

upperdeck

Living Legend
i think its interesting that down the stretch we ran many plays under center with success. I think on the goal line we need to go under center more.. i know we want to play the shot gun for passing, but under center you have the sneak option, i think we can run it better, but it also makes the bootleg play easier to sell.

i dont mind the passing down there, but i didnt think the plays were well thought out.. Of course if Tawo just catches the one slant we come away happy. But that was the only play call I really liked.

really wanted to see Freddy down there at least once.. he came in on the sneak to block.

Really happy that our inability to punch it in at the end of the first half with those three straight incompletions didn't come back to haunt us.

that whole goal line sequence was ill conceived at best.

Really happy that our inability to punch it in at the end of the first half with those three straight incompletions didn't come back to haunt us.

That was some awful play calling. I hate going empty and/or shot gun in those spots. That sequence was cringe-worthy.

that whole goal line sequence was ill conceived at best.

I missed a few plays and got in the car to hear the replay ruling on the Ish catch. And then when I heard the 4 plays I thought maybe Matt Park had it wrong and we were on the 10, not the 1.

i think its interesting that down the stretch we ran many plays under center with success. I think on the goal line we need to go under center more.. i know we want to play the shot gun for passing, but under center you have the sneak option, i think we can run it better, but it also makes the bootleg play easier to sell.

i dont mind the passing down there, but i didnt think the plays were well thought out.. Of course if Tawo just catches the one slant we come away happy. But that was the only play call I really liked.

really wanted to see Freddy down there at least once.. he came in on the sneak to block.

Fred was in on the Dungey keeper that got stuffed on 4th & goal. He was the up back for the shovel pass option and might've got in had Dungey given him the pass.

Happy to see coaches learned from the first failed goal line series. I didn't like that we were lined up in spread formations and trying to attack the perimeter moving laterally instead of upfield. VT's D was too athletic for that.

Loved seeing Dungey under center in a tighter formation (breathe, Chip).

I also think if Dungey had pitched the ball on his 4th down keeper Strickland punches it in. Strick had 1 db to beat and that was it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom