Golf Tournament | Syracusefan.com

Golf Tournament

When would be the best times for you to play a tournament and commit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkanSU

Starter
OK, I will kick this off. First we need to know if we can get 18 firm committments. I would guess that the approximate cost (correct me if Im wrong DC) would be about $75/person and would include 18 holes, cart, and dinner. I can commit with 3. Nonrefundable(?) dates TBD. Suggestions re: course, time, etc readily welcomed. HELP TOMCAT and DC!!
Please pin this

I have to keep this on top until it gets pinned ... or not. What would people prefer: 2/4 man scramble or best ball

OK. No responses yet. Because we have a kind of connection I will explore Links at Erie Village as our tournament site. I also am preferring a best ball tournament. Please I need help and volunteers here...also suggestions and preferences.

I'm up for it...but my participation is dependent on date...set the date and then I can tell you.

SkanSU said:
OK, I will kick this off. First we need to know if we can get 18 firm committments. I would guess that the approximate cost (correct me if Im wrong DC) would be about $75/person and would include 18 holes, cart, and dinner. I can commit with 3. Nonrefundable(?) dates TBD. Suggestions re: course, time, etc readily welcomed. HELP TOMCAT and DC!! Please pin this
I am almost surely in. Can help to run it as well.

Would like to meet the other posters and will be back for month of july

I am in for two but it depends on the date. Late July works.

I work for a software company that has a product that manages golf tournaments. It's all web-based and can do live scoring and view leaderboards from mobile apps as well. You get your own website for the event with photo galleries, message boards, tee times, results, etc. The really cool thing about it is you can play virtual tournaments. So we could have tournaments all over the country (eg DC, Cuse, Georgia, PA) . Each region can have their own competition and also compete against each other or have an overall competition. The tournaments don't have to be played on the same day either.

I'm not trying to play salesman here, I just thought it could potentially be really cool for this situation. The fee is very reasonable (I can probably get the fee of about $1 per player) and I'd be willing to set everything up.

If you guys are interested, PM me.

Odd - thought I had posted here.

I'd likely be game so long as I have ample notice and no other scheduled tournaments. September does not work for me. Paging Marsh...

Best ball is good, July is good except w/e of the 12th, 50th High School reunion, and it only comes once. Back then none of us thought we would reach 40, how time flies.

i'm feeling i'm in too.
This comment and some (for you) relatively will written posts, indicate you are progressing well from your stroke.

OK, This is tentative but I have reserved a date:

2nd ANNUAL (but not in a row) SyracuseFan.Com Golf Tournament

DATE: Saturday, August 16th, 2014
FORMAT: Captain and Crew 4-person team
ADD. CONTESTS: Skins ($5/person/$20/team)
Closest to Hole
Longest Drive
COST: $80/person, $320/team
INCLUDES: 18 Holes of golf with cart
Pyramided golf balls at the driving range from 1 1/2 hrs before to 11:00 tee time
Snack-Shack Grill Lunch at Turn
Dinner: Pre-dinner hors doevres (Swedish Meatballs), Steak, Corn-on-the cob, salad
Prizes?????

If you want to play please contact myself or Tomcat

I like the idea of a best ball tourney. Maybe mix it up and do 3 man (or woman) teams. We should get this rolling though. Is someone looking in to Erie? I am sure we can fill 18 teams and do a shotgun start if there is advanced notice.

OK, This is tentative but I have reserved a date:

2nd ANNUAL (but not in a row) SyracuseFan.Com Golf Tournament

DATE: Saturday, August 16th, 2014
FORMAT: Captain and Crew 4-person team
ADD. CONTESTS: Skins ($5/person/$20/team)
Closest to Hole
Longest Drive
COST: $80/person, $320/team
INCLUDES: 18 Holes of golf with cart
Pyramided golf balls at the driving range from 1 1/2 hrs before to 11:00 tee time
Snack-Shack Grill Lunch at Turn
Dinner: Pre-dinner hors doevres (Swedish Meatballs), Steak, Corn-on-the cob, salad
Prizes?????

If you want to play please contact myself or Tomcat

if only i had waited 1 minute to post i would have seen this lol

TB...hey. See my post above. Links at Erie set. Can't get shotgun unless 100 people confirm