Good and not so good | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Good and not so good

We are worse at bubble screens than other schools. Has nothing to do with hunt. Has everything to do with other teams only throwing it when it's there. There should never be losses in bubble screens because you should never throw it when covered.

Agreed.

One thing I noticed yesterday watching other teams do it was they seem to throw it with only one blocker. The player catching seemed to have his db backed off the line - like 10 yards.

We seem to have two blockers in the route which brings more defenders into the area. I'd have to really analyze it more but I'm starting to think its poorly schemed rather than execution. And then you add in the fact that everyone knows we run it as a staple so they play us tight to the line to begin with.

It's not being set up as you've said repeatedly.

Revamped? It's the exact same level of production as last year, and against a FCS and a MAC opponent.

Nova, 17pts and 275 yds in regulation.

CMU, 31 pts on offense.

Lot of rushing yds, pedestrian passing yds (same profile as last year).

Good points. Hypothetically, if CMU has their stud RB and WR playing and we get behind; does this team have enough firepower to come back from a double digit deficit against a good team?

Also, if Estime runs a 4.3 then I am CJ2K. He's barely running away from people against two lower level teams, imo.

The only thing I was disappointed with was Hunt not trying to outrun those CMU players on one of his long runs. He's not the most graceful, but I would have liked to see him try, just to see if he could. Watching the game, and even the replays, Hunt looks like such a giant out there. I'd rather have a guy like that running around 10-12x a game than someone smaller.