Good, Bad, Ugly | Syracusefan.com

Good, Bad, Ugly

MadNY3

All American
The Good
  • A win + covered the spread.
  • Sean Riley. All-purpose performer Saturday. He seems like our only viable deep-ball stretch guy.
  • Zero second half points allowed.
  • Hitting on D.
  • Punting.
  • KO returns. KO return coverage (when kick stays inbounds).
  • Shaking off a mediocre first 10 minutes to step on the opponent's throat.
  • Dungey the playmaker. Riley sideline throw was incredible. Long run. Smart move to hustle and snap for easy walk-in touchdown.
  • Strickland cut back two or three times yesterday and made a guy noticeably for the first time I can ever recall.
  • In-game management. Calling TO when there was evidence of a fake FG.
Bad
  • Erv if he is hurt, though his hands are not as reliable as they were last year.
  • Cole Murphy kickoffs going out of bounds twice.
  • Dungey spending waaaay too much time complaining to the refs in the start of the game.
  • Dungey' pocket presence and accuracy when the line gives him time.
  • Stupid stuff from people that should not commit them. Ish not protecting the ball on long gain, a WR not on the LOS to call back a TD. Cullen hustling but poorly executing a punt on the one that becomes a touchback.
The Ugly
  • Attendance. Terrible.
  • Student attendance. Unreal/terrible.
  • RB confidence. Strick's #s equal 3 yards/carry. Worried like hell our running game will wind up being whatever Dungey gets.
  • The two guys' faces this morning who instigated rhe end zone fight.

thats what they reported.. there were way more than game 1, except way less kids. it will be interesting to see if the kids come out on a friday night vs clemson.

thats what they reported.. there were way more than game 1, except way less kids. it will be interesting to see if the kids come out on a friday night vs clemson.

Parents in town that night.

The Good
  • Sean Riley. All-purpose performer Saturday. He seems like our only viable deep-ball stretch guy.
  • Hitting on D.
  • Punting.
  • Dungey the playmaker. Riley sideline throw was incredible. Long run. Smart move to hustle and snap for easy walk-in touchdown.
  • Strickland cut back two or three times yesterday and made a guy noticeably for the first time I can ever recall.
Bad
  • Erv if he is hurt, though his hands are not as reliable as they were last year.
  • Dungey spending waaaay too much time complaining to the refs in the start of the game.
  • Stupid stuff from people that should not commit them. Ish not protecting the ball on long gain, a WR not on the LOS to call back a TD. Cullen hustling but poorly executing a punt on the one that becomes a touchback.
The Ugly
  • Attendance. Terrible.
  • RB confidence. Strick's #s equal 3 yards/carry. Worried like hell our running game will wind up being whatever Dungey gets.
The coaching in yesterday's win was tremendous I felt. Great in-game management by Dino and crew. I thought the defensive playcalling was outstanding and for the most part has been all year. The defense this year is much better than it was last year in terms of gameplan and how they attack the opponent each week.

Other schools report attendance the same way (tickets distributed) so it's all relative.

I feel like attendance doesn't deserve an ugly anymore, just an "is".

Yes I am aware of how attendance works ... doesn't make 33K any less laughable

I'd say 24,000 at start. Though I will say my section filled up.

314 looked good to start the game... Q2 started and there was maybe 100 people in the section. No idea where they all went

attendance 33K

attendance UV 33k
attendance wake 28K
attendance Duke 27K
attendance Pitt vs Ok st 38K

we are in the norm unless its a big state school playing well

Good perspective, especially on UVA. Unreal how small those #s are. Otherwise...
  • Wake has less than 5,000 students and I think the stadium holds 31,000 max
  • Duke's attendance has been increasing
  • College football in Pittsburgh? Ha. Play at Heinz Field and not a good comp.
But a good point about general attendance being an issue perhaps with non-football powerhouse programs.

Of course the kids will come out against Clemson. For the singular, superficial reason of getting their face on ESPN.

I did chuckle when I saw a couple hundred folks bolt for the exits when we went up 31-17 midway through the 3rd quarter. Thank goodness they beat the massive traffic a crowd of 25K would have generated an hour later. ;)

Saw and thought the same thing. Our fanbase is twisted. If we get down by 14+ im the second half or if we go up by 14+, people leave. So, like last night when we grab a lead and go onto an impressive win the kids should feel good about, it's basically the team and the band celebrating the win in the end. Crickets for fans and students. Pathetic. The team deserves more.

The Good
  • Hitting on D.
  • Punting.
Bad
The Ugly
  • Attendance. Terrible.
But but but...the Tampa 2??? It can't work!!!

I had a suggestion once on how to at least keep SOME people around for Q4 ... 50/50 raffle ... just sell all game and announce midway through Q4 ... I was told it was a "minor league idea"

Of course the kids will come out against Clemson. For the singular, superficial reason of getting their face on ESPN.

Like they did for Louisville last year? Nooooooooooooooo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom