Good Lord this Orange Madness event is awful | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good Lord this Orange Madness event is awful

The musician NF's music is actually really good, I'm genuinely a fan... But it sounded awful out there tonight. Sucks, I wanted it to be great for him.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Libero2, post: 1512232, member: 2812"ney.]
Seriously if the wife said we can go to 5 events at the dome this season, are you wasting one on Midnight Madness? I sure as heck wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, why would someone marry a wife like that in the first place?

A lot of complainers finding fault with pretty much everything associated with this event. Geez... it's an opportunity to get a look at the new kids on the team and look at the returning players as well. It's primarily just a pep rally and an event which celebrates the return of basketball season.

I could care less about who the entertainment is or whether the entire thing is hokey or not. I'm thrilled just to see that another season is upon us and I love the fact that Syracuse basketball has given me so much enjoyment, so many thrills , and the wide spectrum of emotions that comes with following a college basketball program. We have so, so much to be grateful for with our program even with the specter of penalties that the program is now experiencing. Tonight I was really excited to see some of the terrific young talent which the team has been infused with and it's also a wonderful thing to see Coleman back on the court. What a great story line that in itself is.

So for all the folks who want to pizz and moan about this and that... take a little time and make a gratitude list for all the things to be grateful about rather than a nit list of insignificant drivel about how bad everything is. Ya never know...this team might actually surprise some people and put together an outstanding season in spite of all the negativity that has been rained down on the program and our HOF coach. ... It wouldn't surprise me one bit!

LGO !!!!!

Flacusian said:
A lot of complainers finding fault with pretty much everything associated with this event. Geez... it's an opportunity to get a look at the new kids on the team and look at the returning players as well. It's primarily just a pep rally and an event which celebrates the return of basketball season. I could care less about who the entertainment is or whether the entire thing is hokey or not. I'm thrilled just to see that another season is upon us and I love the fact that Syracuse basketball has given me so much enjoyment, so many thrills , and the wide spectrum of emotions that comes with following a college basketball program. We have so, so much to be grateful for with our program even with the specter of penalties that the program is now experiencing. Tonight I was really excited to see some of the terrific young talent which the team has been infused with and it's also a wonderful thing to see Coleman back on the court. What a great story line that in itself is. So for all the folks who want to pizz and moan about this and that... take a little time and make a gratitude list for all the things to be grateful about rather than a nit list of insignificant drivel about how bad everything is. Ya never know...this team might actually surprise some people and put together an outstanding season in spite of all the negativity that has been rained down on the program and our HOF coach. ... It wouldn't surprise me one bit! LGO !!!!!

You're right, mom, I'm sorry. Socks are a great gift and it's true, lots of poor people would be happy to have them.

You're right, mom, I'm sorry. Socks are a great gift and it's true, lots of poor people would be happy to have them.
Like I was saying. Some people just don't get it. Nattering nabobs of negativity. SIUYAMF

MM was so much better at Manley back in the day.
I would imagine the setting helps a lot. If you're only going to have 3-5 thousand people, having them all in a smaller space right down close to the court has to help the atmosphere.

The National Anthem was a disgrace. Saw on Twitter that it was Otto's Army that sang it. Should have left it up to a canary from the real Army.

MM was so much better at Manley back in the day.
Hey, BTW has your son rallied fellow freshmen to attend the football games and now Orange Madness.

cliftonparksufan said:
Hey, BTW has your son rallied fellow freshmen to attend the football games and now Orange Madness.

He has. Even brought a couple friends to one of the Fine Mess tailgates. Several kids on his floor go. He's been 1st or 2nd row each game he's gone too. Got on TV 3-4 times vs CMU. Watch for him at the Pitt game. He'll be the one with orange face paint and an SU flag worn as a cape.

cliftonparksufan said:
The National Anthem was a disgrace. Saw on Twitter that it was Otto's Army that sang it. Should have left it up to a canary from the real Army.
It was embarrassing.

Had a much better time at the Football Fanfest. I did like that we got to see the squad up close and live. The production of the event was not the quality I was expecting. A simple fix would be to get a legit MC to move things through the nite. Sometimes you just really didn't know what direction the event was going. Poorly produced.

However, the reason I was there was to spend time with an old friend and my 2 sons and his 3 sons (all five ages 4 to 8) and they all loved it. They all gave it double thumbs up so it was good night.

On a quick hoops note, Joseph is visibly bigger and more muscular. Good sign there.

I'm worried about Coleman. Might have been the format but he didn't look explosive to me

Cooney will be Cooney.

Roberson didn't really do enough to evaluate during scrimmage. Wanted to see him in the dunk contest.

It'll be interesting to see if Obokoh can positively contribute at times. That's questionable. I'm rooting for him.

The three freshman will be up and down I'm sure. They will have to develop. Lydon seems to have alot of upside. Think patience should be preached with the freshman. They are going to have to develop quickly as they are gonna have to play minutes. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

For the season I have low expectations for the year overall but whenever I have felt that way before they have had great years so I'm taking it as a good omen.

Guess my short post turned into a long one. Sorry about the rambling. LGO!

A simple fix would be to get a legit MC to move things through the nite. Sometimes you just really didn't know what direction the event was going. Poorly produced.
You'd think they might try to do what they do for the BasketBall and have a real MC, like a Tirico or McDonough level guy (obviously might not be able to swing those two but just tossing it out). Someone who's a legitimate, reasonably well known personality. Lord knows we've got enough in the field we should be able to find ONE person willing to do it.

I love everything Cuse basketball but they strike out with this year after year. They need to put more into this.

I love everything Cuse basketball but they strike out with this year after year. They need to put more into this.
And that just makes so little sense, too, since basketball gives you so many more possible games to play than any other sport. Dunk contests, three point contests, knockout, 1 on 1, 3 on 3, HORSE, etc. There are so many opportunities to do something entertaining and exciting.

two3zone said:

They sure do. and an MC has been done as recently as last year ( Local radio people) and the two buffoons two or three years ago. It was bad too.

I don't know how to fix this. It's bad on a good year. They've had lip syncing contests. The only entertainment has been rap. Hell one year Onuaku breaks the backboard and it's over in the blink of an eye.

The scrimmages are the ONLY thing that works, because that's why we're there. But the DJ, the feeling that there is virtually no plan, and all the awkward pauses (even with an mc) just make it a strange event.

The national anthem was disgraceful. Would have been better if the DJ played a rap version. Students were blasted on Twitter last night. And why was there no band? No SSS? That is something that was missing from previous years. Who decided against that?

Definitely the worst one I've been to. And surprised at the crowd. A few years ago they capped tix at 10000. Not sure there was even 5k there last night.

To me, Mike G looked to have changed the most. I might be nuts, but he just seemed to be carrying himself like a senior leader. And he seemed more physically put together.

The guy from providence is crazy tall. He's visibly taller in a room full of tall basketball players. But his legs are like mine. ( funny story, my wife and I were at the mall last Saturday night, and he walked by. The teenage kid next to us said "that n***** could talk S*** to my momma." I swear to god true story. )

I sincerely hope Mark Coyle didn't have much of a hand in this. And I hope he was there, taking notes on how to make it better. Fan fest was fantastic this year, hopefully this will be stellar next year.

And they ran out of goddam posters 15 minutes after the doors opened. Now I gotta figure out how to get them for my kids.

A lot of complainers finding fault with pretty much everything associated with this event. Geez... it's an opportunity to get a look at the new kids on the team and look at the returning players as well. It's primarily just a pep rally and an event which celebrates the return of basketball season.

I could care less about who the entertainment is or whether the entire thing is hokey or not. I'm thrilled just to see that another season is upon us and I love the fact that Syracuse basketball has given me so much enjoyment, so many thrills , and the wide spectrum of emotions that comes with following a college basketball program. We have so, so much to be grateful for with our program even with the specter of penalties that the program is now experiencing. Tonight I was really excited to see some of the terrific young talent which the team has been infused with and it's also a wonderful thing to see Coleman back on the court. What a great story line that in itself is.

So for all the folks who want to pizz and moan about this and that... take a little time and make a gratitude list for all the things to be grateful about rather than a nit list of insignificant drivel about how bad everything is. Ya never know...this team might actually surprise some people and put together an outstanding season in spite of all the negativity that has been rained down on the program and our HOF coach. ... It wouldn't surprise me one bit!

LGO !!!!!
You said everything I wanted to but much better. WHOLLY SMOKES! What is wrong with you people? We haven't even started yet and the WHINING is in full season mode. Stay home, go to a high school football game or a fish fry if you hate it so much.

The national anthem was disgraceful. Would have been better if the DJ played a rap version. Students were blasted on Twitter last night. And why was there no band? No SSS? That is something that was missing from previous years. Who decided against that?

Marching Band is playing at UVa today. I assume that covers most of the SSS.

I think three 10 minute quarters would be better. Two is to short. Makes the mens game alittle longer thats what people want to see. Plus, there is no foul shots or timeouts.

Last edited:
Didn't see the practice but I saw the SUAD ads. A Christian rapper? That's never going to go over well. Wonder if that was Coyle's decision? I'm all for wholesome family fun but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere.

I can see the need to do something different after 10 years of Gross as AD but hopefully we didn't go off the deep end on that front. Ned Flanders is no good as AD either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom