Good Luck Starting At TCU | Syracusefan.com

Good Luck Starting At TCU

G

GoCuse44

TCU has five QB’s on the roster (3 freshman and 2 sophomores). A redhsirt freshman started this year and one of the QB’s that redshirted is a 4-star (Tyler Matthews).

Tyler Matthews is one of the more exciting pieces to the TCU football recruiting puzzle. He is considered a big-time pickup by the Frogs and was recruited by the likes of Kansas State and Kansas. Matthews is also the No.1 QB prospect coming out of the state of Kansas.

I wish Zach all the best starting at TCU.

So he went to a place where he had a legit chance to be a four year starter to a place where he may at best start as a RSJR. Seems logical...

Staying home must mean the most.

So he went to a place where he had a legit chance to be a four year starter to a place where he may at best start as a RSJR. Seems logical...

He bit TCU's pitch hook, line and sinker. I kind of feel bad for him.

This is whats most perplexing.

The kid is obiously not affraid of competition. Thats a great trait for any player to have and not indicative of him being unaware of tcu's roster. It may or may not work out buts its no more uncertain than being part of a 2 qb recruiting class here that has 4 qb's ahead of him on next years roster.

I wish him well as long as his business does not conflict with mine.

Just a hunch but I think his family got upset hack left, wasn't comfortable sending their son to upstate ny and planted a seed of doubt. TCU was close to home he took first available offer , even reaching out to them. I think maybe family convinced him

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure he was pissed being lied too so many times. Marrone to the nfl is just a rumor. Hackett is staying for sure.

Patterson has produced dalton who is starting and doing well for the bengals. It's a good move for him and I hope he becomes the next Manziel

I'm sure he was pissed being lied too so many times. Marrone to the nfl is just a rumor. Hackett is staying for sure.

Patterson has produced dalton who is starting and doing well for the bengals. It's a good move for him and I hope he becomes the next Manziel

Why would you want him to successful? How about something like a Cecil Howard career.

Why would you want him to successful? How about something like a Cecil Howard career.

At least you've backed off from career ending injury.

At least you've backed off from career ending injury.

Depends upon my mood yesterday was a bad day. Honestly why would you wish him well though? I'm sure a degree from TCU is prestigious enough to get you a job at 7-11.

Zach Allen was not the one who changed the circumstances of his commitment. You need to move on.

Depends upon my mood yesterday was a bad day. Honestly why would you wish him well though? I'm sure a degree from TCU is prestigious enough to get you a job at 7-11.

If anything TCU is a dumping ground for wealthy Texas and Oklahoma kids, and the talent level in the ladies is silly.

People sound pretty petty, the kid was recruited by Hackett and Marrone, they left, we have no OC or QB coach, and we're really far from the kid's house. I mean it seems rash and is (he could've played out the recruiting cycle) but understandable.

I understand him leaving and the whole process must have sucked the last 2 weeks. But damn, to give up an opportunity where your expected to be the guy and where the OC was probably going to be expected to cater your abilities. That's about as sure of a thing as you will get in college football. If you want a path to the NFL, here it is.

Think about the silly crap you are spewing. This is an 18 year old kid we are talking about. You are so emotional about him decomitting and going elsewhere, that you wish him bad luck? Look at it from his side. He wanted to be tutored and coached by people that are no longer on staff. I can't even imagine how you behave under stress or how you can be if somebody did you wrong.

Just saying......

The kid is obiously not affraid of competition. Thats a great trait for any player to have and not indicative of him being unaware of tcu's roster. It may or may not work out buts its no more uncertain than being part of a 2 qb recruiting class here that has 4 qb's ahead of him on next years roster.

Eh, if my goal is to go to the NFL I'm going to the best school where I have a great chance of seeing the field. I mean, I guess they could all try walking-on at Ohio State in the spirit of competition, but if it's me and I'm maximizing my chances of making it big.

I think he probably panicked, and decided to stay close to home. Can't fault him I guess. Might work out, might not - it'll suck to always have to wonder if it doesn't though.

If HCSS hired a Hack-like OC and Zach runs into QB depth issues at TCU he may just place a call to the 315 in a year or so.

If HCSS hired a Hack-like OC and Zach runs into QB depth issues at TCU he may just place a call to the 315 in a year or so.

And then I hope SS says there is no room because we are loaded at the qb position.

Have you heard what HCSS has said about recruits not choosing SU?