Good news for US Soccer Fans: Stu Holden | Syracusefan.com

Good news for US Soccer Fans: Stu Holden

I doubt we see him in the early qualifiers. Klinsmann has a pretty set in stone rule that you have to be a regular in the club lineup in order to be called up, and I'm sure Bolton will ease him back into form.

I think we could see him in the Gold Cup, though, which could be a psuedo B team, a la 2009. If he plays well, perhaps he'll get the call, but midfield is already our strength, assuming Landycakes sacks up and commits.

I doubt we see him in the early qualifiers. Klinsmann has a pretty set in stone rule that you have to be a regular in the club lineup in order to be called up, and I'm sure Bolton will ease him back into form.

I think we could see him in the Gold Cup, though, which could be a psuedo B team, a la 2009. If he plays well, perhaps he'll get the call, but midfield is already our strength, assuming Landycakes sacks up and commits.

Hopefully they will this time around -- when he re-injured his knee, I think they brought him back about a month ahead of schedule...

It would be great to see an option in the midfield not named Jermaine Jones... but with Klinsmann I don't find that likely. I'm glad to see Stuart back and moving again. He had so much promise when he was healthy. The biggest thing is if he returns to form I dream of a Holden/Bradley midfield with Williams playing the holding role behind.

...I think we could see him in the Gold Cup, though, which could be a psuedo B team, a la 2009. If he plays well, perhaps he'll get the call, but midfield is already our strength, assuming Landycakes sacks up and commits.

I'd love to see a Gold Cup squad that's being used to get some of the young guns run. We need to see what we've got in the tank. Dolo, Bocanegra, Donovan and Dempsey are all getting up there. (Howard's 31, but he's a keeper, those guys are like Energizer bunnies).

reminds me of John O'Brien with his issues.

Aaron Carter, I mean Stuart Holden, got some late run in Bolton's win against Sunderland today.

"[Klinsman] left open the possibility that midfielder Stuart Holden could be part of the American roster for the CONCACAF Gold Cup roster in July. Holden injured his right knee in March 2011 and needed two operations. After being limited to one game in 22 months, he resumed play in January and currently is on loan from Bolton to Sheffield Wednesday's in England's second-tier League Championship."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1425001/jurgen-klinsmann-says-landon-donovan-work-do-usmnt?cc=5901

Doesn't sound like a 1st-team possibility anytime soon.

It would be good to see him get some run on the gold cup roster, see where he's at in terms of fitness, etc.

Id love to see a full return to form out of him but with injuries like that you never know.