Good to hear his voice | Syracusefan.com

Good to hear his voice

I watched another recent interview he did in his new position and it didn't sit with me well.

He made some comment about how it's good to be in sunshine again and how "where he was before" didn't have much sunshine. It felt like an unnecessary, petty jab. Tell me how you felt about Syracuse.

I watched another recent interview he did in his new position and it didn't sit with me well.

He made some comment about how it's good to be in sunshine again and how "where he was before" didn't have much sunshine. It felt like an unnecessary, petty jab. Tell me how you felt about Syracuse.
Give that interview from anytime from June - October out there and I’m curious how much he will love that sun and 110 degree days ;)

I like Dino and I really do hope he does well back in Arizona.

At the same time, hearing him respond with so many non-answer answers brought me right back to HCDB days.
Frans interviews and acceptance of media speaking with staff is light years better than what we had. Good gosh there was no hype! My parents would kick around going to a game a year, and now they are asking me how they can get season tix. Dino did nothing to help bring in the casual fan and it showed. Good guy and will always respect him as a man. But, we made the right call x10 to move to Fran

I actually have found his interviews now quite annoying and used to enjoy them

Doesn’t answer questions, talks like he knows more than everyone, I actually think he’s low key rude to the reporters but does it with a smile on his face

I’ll be happy to never hear him speak again

Doesn’t answer questions, talks like he knows more than everyone, I actually think he’s low key rude to the reporters but does it with a smile on his face

I don't agree at all.

Knowing that in today's game coaches simply cannot divulge information, I thought he was fine.

He is a good guy.

I wish him the best.

I completely disagree. But everyone has their own opinion. I was a huge supporter of Dino. He did great things initially. But then he changed and his system fell flat. He could not adapt to the ACC and the rule changes. Essentially, he was a gimmick offense. And once that gimmick was gone, he had no answers. Wish him the best, but I’m over him.

THANK YOU! I’m glad someone finally said it. It also drives me nuts how everyone acts like he’s the nicest guy in the world.

Frans interviews and acceptance of media speaking with staff is light years better than what we had. Good gosh there was no hype! My parents would kick around going to a game a year, and now they are asking me how they can get season tix. Dino did nothing to help bring in the casual fan and it showed. Good guy and will always respect him as a man. But, we made the right call x10 to move to Fran
Tell your parents to buy a West parking pass...and join us at our tailgate.

We'll get them fully involved.

I watched one of his interviews and actually felt a bit bad for him. I commented to a friend that he just seemed down in the way that someone who was demoted usually looks down. He’ll bounce back as he settles back in I’m sure

My opinion only.

I think there are many smart and successful business and corporate people here.

I'd relate Dino to something I have been guilty of myself in my career, at times.

He came in and made some splashes and had some early success and built up a good amount of positive deposits in the goodwill bank. But then he had some struggles and issues that he couldn't overcome.

He lost his ambition for whatever reason. He wanted a change of scenery, or was expecting something as a reward for the prior success that didn't fully meet expectations, or the gig and grind grew stale.

And this happened with COVID hitting on top of the normal grind. Then the changing environment with recruiting and NIL.

And then things didn't go as planned, and he lost more of that drive. His commitment wavered and he went on the quiet quitting stretch that people love to talk about.

And then it got to a point where his boss said hey, things aren't where they should be, we need to hit these KPI otherwise we need to look at how things are operating and make a change.

And Dino saw the writing on the wall. It didn't motivate him any further, he was almost content to let the chips fall where they fall and if it meant him losing his job, he was ok with that.

He wasn't happy or having fun anyways.

Again, just my opinion, but I think he had regrets taking the extension when he did. I think he took it because it was a significant bump.

I'm guessing he convinced himself he could parlay 2018 into a strong 2019 with TD and then use a strong 2019 to get himself a better gig in 2020.

When the wheels fell off and then 1-10 happened his last spark was snuffed.

Just my long drawn opinion

My opinion only.

I think there are many smart and successful business and corporate people here.

I'd relate Dino to something I have been guilty of myself in my career, at times.

He came in and made some splashes and had some early success and built up a good amount of positive deposits in the goodwill bank. But then he had some struggles and issues that he couldn't overcome.

He lost his ambition for whatever reason. He wanted a change of scenery, or was expecting something as a reward for the prior success that didn't fully meet expectations, or the gig and grind grew stale.

And this happened with COVID hitting on top of the normal grind. Then the changing environment with recruiting and NIL.

And then things didn't go as planned, and he lost more of that drive. His commitment wavered and he went on the quiet quitting stretch that people love to talk about.

And then it got to a point where his boss said hey, things aren't where they should be, we need to hit these KPI otherwise we need to look at how things are operating and make a change.

And Dino saw the writing on the wall. It didn't motivate him any further, he was almost content to let the chips fall where they fall and if it meant him losing his job, he was ok with that.

He wasn't happy or having fun anyways.

Again, just my opinion, but I think he had regrets taking the extension when he did. I think he took it because it was a significant bump.

I'm guessing he convinced himself he could parlay 2018 into a strong 2019 with TD and then use a strong 2019 to get himself a better gig in 2020.

When the wheels fell off and then 1-10 happened his last spark was snuffed.

Just my long drawn opinion

Probably a pretty good assessment

I much prefer Fran’s interviews it’s not even close

At least Fran doesn't talk about "belief without evidence" in his 8th year.

I'm anticipating turning up the volume to hear Fran. I'm wondering if he'll have Dino's sense of humor, story telling ability and interest in things other than football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom