Gopher fans | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gopher fans

yes, yes you can. quite easily.
Ok, I am obviously not a business man. I thought a corporation meant that a group of people own the business.

NYC per capita is actually pretty safe for US standards. For example, out of the 100 largest American cities, the murder rate is 21st lowest. Minneapolis (58th) and St. Paul (39th) both have higher murder rates. I'm actually thinking of creating a username and password for that site so I can share that interesting tidbit with those Jerry Lundegaards.

I think most of them get that.

It's not like there aren't people upstate who think the same way about NYC. Hell, there are people on Long Island who think the same way.

NYC per capita is actually pretty safe for US standards. For example, out of the 100 largest American cities, the murder rate is 21st lowest. Minneapolis (58th) and St. Paul (39th) both have higher murder rates. I'm actually thinking of creating a username and password for that site so I can share that interesting tidbit with those Jerry Lundegaards.

You are trying to rationalize people out of a position they irrationally put themselves into. Don't even sweat it.

I live a block from the Museum of Natural History and John McEnroe and Jerry Seinfeld have both almost hit me coming out of a parking garage (they live a block away; albeit a very significant block away in terms of $$$$$$$).

We have enough people that visit. Let them stay in Minnesota, honestly. That disco guy seems cool, though. Tell him to hit up Jacob's Pickles for brunch on the UWS. He or she will love it.

You are trying to rationalize people out of a position they irrationally put themselves into. Don't even sweat it.

I live a block from the Museum of Natural History and John McEnroe and Jerry Seinfeld have both almost hit me coming out of a parking garage (they live a block away; albeit a very significant block away in terms of $$$$$$$).

We have enough people that visit. Let them stay in Minnesota, honestly. That disco guy seems cool, though. Tell him to hit up Jacob's Pickles for brunch on the UWS. He or she will love it.
Comedians in Cars Hitting Pedestrians While Drinking Coffee?

Comedians in Cars Hitting Pedestrians While Drinking Coffee?

To be fair, the garage a number of these famous people park at (and I believe Seinfeld has a separate garage for his collectible cars, can't remember) has a really blind exit in terms of seeing pedestrians and has been under scaffolding for a while.

It's not just the famous people that almost hit me, those are just the ones I remember their faces, lol.

Lol cold weather bowl... I spent 3 years in MN. When I'd come home for xmas I wouldn't wear a coat and that was to Syracuse. NYC in Dec is the tropics compared to MN. They will wear shorts to the fing game.

902421315-tumblr_mna2um19Wg1s261u2o1_500.jpg

Hah, I use to live down the street from Seinfeld in LA in the 90’s and he literally almost ran me over twice as well

Gophers fan coming in peace! I promise to just make two posts tonight and then only respond to questions if you have them. I hate message board trolls. Just wanted to say congrats on your season and bowl selection and shed a little light on why Gophers fans are a little ornery about this placement, lol.
  1. You're right that Minnesota's resume wasn't really impressive this year, but for the 3rd time in 4 years they were 1 win away from playing the B1G Championship game...so a lot of fans are super disappointed and getting placed in NYC (which is perceived by most B1G fans as barely a notch above the Detroit game) is just the cherry on top.
  2. Minnesota has a long history of getting screwed in bowl placement. I don't think that happened this year at all -- the Pinstripe is about right and SU is a good opponent -- but I could write you all a novel about the times MN has gotten passed over -- including last year when 7-5 PSU (with a losing conference record) and both Iowa and Purdue (who MN beat head to head) went to better bowls. It happens about every year...so our automatic reaction at bowl selection time is outrage, lol.
  3. Some people would've liked an opponent MN hasn't played in a long time (or ever) rather than Syracuse who we've seen 3 times in recent memory. I know it's been a while since the last matchup, but we haven't played Pitt, Duke, or Wake Forest in the modern era that I'm aware of, and we last played NC St when Phillip Rivers was the QB lol.
So yeah, I don't think our disappointment has anything to do with Syracuse or our perceived chances of winning the game. Good luck. Great (and active) board you have here!
Detroit = New York...what?

Perfect example of people buying into the conventional wisdom they’re fed without doing any research themselves to see if the narrative is accurate.

I always laugh at the NYC home game for Syracuse. Syracuse has pretty substantial alumni bases all over not just NYC and NYC is 5 hours away from NYC. Does Chicago count as a home game for U of Minn? I mean I live in Richmond VA now and NYC is about an hour further away.

As a transplant to VA...and someone who hates NYC, I get tired of telling people I meet that 80 percent of NY is lovely farmland, mountains and lakes. I am from NY not from NYC otherwise i would have said NYC. If I had my way NY would hand NYC to Jersey.

Rant Over

When I was in the Army, several of my Soldiers were surprised when I told them that I was 4.5 hours away from NYC, that NYS had farms and woods, and that I didn't have to deal with NYC traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom