Gottlieb 1, Cuse 0 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb 1, Cuse 0

Rocco

Watching you.
He is getting exactly what he needs: traction amongst SU fans.

I am one of the biggest DG haters too, but I have to admit, he wins.

Exactly, and that's why it's so irritating that we have a thread anytime he mentions us. It's played out and tiresome, and nothing new can possibly be said at this point, so why do we keep this crap smoldering?

he "wins", if people on an SU board talk about him?

How so, exactly?

Wait, our board has a national tv forum to make it 1-1 at some point? Confusing post

Wait, our board has a national tv forum to make it 1-1 at some point? Confusing post

su fans all over the country hate doug gottlieb. this board is a microfraction.

I dont even pay attention to what he says and I think he is a good analyst. Marsh 1 DG 0

He is getting exactly what he needs: traction amongst SU fans.

I am one of the biggest DG haters too, but I have to admit, he wins.

LOL. Does he have the board up on his iphone?

hell, my father even hates Gottlieb and he's the most religious person I know.

I'm confused. What part of "Syracuse can be national champions, but isn't as good as Kentucky or North Carolina because they don't rebound, have no offensive post presence, and over-rely on ball screens and isos as a result of no great shooters and that lack of a post scorer" an offensive (or inaccurate) statement?

Some of you are out of your minds with this Gottlieb obsession.

What's funny to me is that Gottlieb is obsessed with Syracuse. He's the one who keeps bringing up the issues with SU basketball, and SU keeps winning. Hey Doug, they're 31-1.

They may not be dominant, but at the end of the day the only stat that matters is wins and losses. UNC and other teams with 4 or more losses may be at the same level, but they obviously have issues too.

Be a hater Doug. It looks wonderful.

What's funny to me is that Gottlieb is obsessed with Syracuse. He's the one who keeps bringing up the issues with SU basketball, and SU keeps winning. Hey Doug, they're 31-1.

They may not be dominant, but at the end of the day the only stat that matters is wins and losses. UNC and other teams with 4 or more losses may be at the same level, but they obviously have issues too.

Be a hater Doug. It looks wonderful.

It was halftime of a Syracuse game. Who was he supposed to talk about? Notre Dame?

Jesus. How does pointing out a flaw make someone a hater?

I'm confused. What part of "Syracuse can be national champions, but isn't as good as Kentucky or North Carolina because they don't rebound, have no offensive post presence, and over-rely on ball screens and isos as a result of no great shooters and that lack of a post scorer" an offensive (or inaccurate) statement?

It was more than that. He talked like we were 1 of about 8 "others". He's a tool.

I agree that the Gottlieb obsession is overblown but all teams have issues. UNC has got blown out and blown leads, we've lost one time. It's Kentucky and us, then every other contender has at least 4 losses. Are our issues so much worse than these teams?

It was more than that. He talked like we were 1 of about 8 "others". He's a tool.

People who have a persecution complex will call names and think that Gottlieb is out to get them.

The rest of us will note that he's a college basketball analyst engaged in (perceptive) college basketball analysis.

I agree that the Gottlieb obsession is overblown but all teams have issues. UNC has got blown out and blown leads, we've lost one time. It's Kentucky and us, then every other contender has at least 4 losses. Are our issues so much worse than these teams?

I agree. Unlike UNC, we didn't lose to any middle-of-the-pack conference teams by 30.

I don't know where we stack up against other teams (aside from win totals; this is hard to judge - that's what the tournament is for). But he didn't say anything inaccurate about our flaws. And I bet everyone here could hear him criticize Carolina during halftime of their game on Friday (if he's in the studio).

People who have a persecution complex will call names and think that Gottlieb is out to get them.

The rest of us will note that he's a college basketball analyst engaged in (perceptive) college basketball analysis.

Sure.

You didn't notice how HARD it was for him to give SU any credit? He struggled to even consider SU to be one of the best. The tone of his voice, the pained look on his face? Shortly after that did you hear him make every excuse in the book for a teams loss because they were without some player? Did you hear him mention that about SU today when the SU loss to ND was mention? No, Tirico had to remind him.

It isn't always what he says specifically, which he is usually wrong about SU anyways, it is how hard it is for him to give credit where credit is due. How many times did Tirico have to tell him 30 wins?

Some people only hear what they want to hear.

Sure.

You didn't notice how HARD it was for him to give SU any credit? He struggled to even consider SU to be one of the best. The tone of his voice, the pained look on his face? Shortly after that did you hear him make every excuse in the book for a teams loss because they were without some player? Did you hear him mention that about SU today when the SU loss to ND was mention? No, Tirico had to remind him.

It isn't always what he says specifically, which he is usually wrong about SU anyways, it is how hard it is for him to give credit where credit is due. How many times did Tirico have to tell him 30 wins?

after last night disagreement about seeding, you really nailed this one. 100% agree.

Sure.

Everything is good in the world. Tirico is giving Doug a new peruvian necktie for talking back.

Mike Tirico is the man. I wish he could replace Burr on the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom