Grant of Rights | Syracusefan.com

Grant of Rights

They didn't in the past, but it seems they will going forward according to this tweet. David Glenn is very connected in the ACC.

They didn't in the past, but it seems they will going forward according to this tweet. David Glenn is very connected in the ACC.

ok so i think my reading comprehension sucks. "extending" refers to the schools granting their media rights to the ACC rather than adding additional years on to a previous agreement. am i right on that interpretation?

If true, it's very good news, and it likely means we are officially safe. Though they've never been tested, the GOR agreements seem to be accepted as pretty iron clad.

If all 15 sign on to this, it means no one is leaving the ACC.

If this is true, then there is more to the story. Must be an increase in revenue or something that this is tied too

ok so i think my reading comprehension sucks. "extending" refers to the schools granting their media rights to the ACC rather than adding additional years on to a previous agreement. am i right on that interpretation?

Yeah, I think so. The ACC didn't previously have a GoR the type of which a league like the Big 12 has in place.

Speculation: The ACC Network is coming, and ESPN wanted assurances that everyone is committed long term before making a financial commitment.
Agreed, that's what I think too

KZmyp6B.jpg

all over the twitter now. i guess Cuse to the Big 10 isn't happening until 2027. What's another 14 years?

What fantastic news!! I assume Notre Dame's non-football sports are locked-in under this agreement...I suppose the weight of their NBC contract allows them to continue to act as a free agent and they could end up in the Big 10 if they felt compelled to join a conference for football - but the fact that they agreed to this really substantially reduces the chances of that ever happening. Whatever I can't stand ND and in either case we are secure. Look forward to seeing what ESPN and the ACC are going to unveil regarding ACC network and any additional funds in the reworked contract. Now that this GOR is presumably signed/sealed/delivered I actually hope it is a digital network - we'll all have smart internet enable tvs in our homes within a couple of years anyway and it sounds like long-term it could be far more profitable than a cable channel.

So if this is true, maybe UCONN needs a new alma mater celebrating their new (and now permanent) home to go with the new logo:

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP29m
So let's do math. If #ACC grant of rights is 15 years, a school leaving the league would forfeit about $300 million.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom