Great job Goodell 1 game for Josh Brown | Syracusefan.com

Great job Goodell 1 game for Josh Brown

Alsacs

Living Legend
You make this ad last year. Goodell is such a joke. Stay Classy John Mara you are the classiest man on Earth right Peter King. Hey Eli no more boys will be boys right.

The NFL is such a joke.

LOL. I'm just taking solace that the Giants are most likely going to be terrible this year.

Its right on line with his Ray Rice two game suspension, if you abuse your wife you only get a game or two, but god help you if you smoke some weed, or deflate a ball, we will throw the book at you.

Its right on line with his Ray Rice two game suspension, if you abuse your wife you only get a game or two, but god help you if you smoke some weed, or deflate a ball, we will throw the book at you.
The NFL said the new domestic violence policy would now be an automatic 6 game suspension. 6 games even if you were innocent. All Brown got is 1 game because of Mara and Goodell.

It is such a joke. Zoodell is a POS and all the media will do is the kiss ring of the NFL and say how classy John Mara is.

Stephen A. Smith now says it was race and white privilege that was why Josh Brown got 1 game.

I guess Tom Brady is black now according to Stephen A.

The NFL said the new domestic violence policy would now be an automatic 6 game suspension. 6 games even if you were innocent. All Brown got is 1 game because of Mara and Goodell.

It is such a joke. Zoodell is a POS and all the media will do is the kiss ring of the NFL and say how classy John Mara is.
explain this to me.

im not being confrontational...yet, but i admittedly do not know the new rule.

IMO, i don't think John Mara would be using any 'get out of jail free' cards on Josh Brown.

explain this to me.

im not being confrontational...yet, but i admittedly do not know the new rule.

IMO, i don't think John Mara would be using any 'get out of jail free' cards on Josh Brown.
After Ray Rice debacle he sent out a memo saying he got it wrong and domestic violence would be a 6 game suspension.
John Mara used a get out of jail free card on Brown.

After Ray Rice debacle he sent out a memo saying he got it wrong and domestic violence would be a 6 game suspension.
or maybe, you know...Josh Brown actually talked to and cooperated with, a league investigation.

although, according to the article our arrested friend posted, there is some ambiguity as to what will constitute a 1st offense.

this is interesting, here, you want the league to act above the law, but in other instances...you condemn them for possibly doing so...

or maybe, you know...Josh Brown actually talked to and cooperated with, a league investigation.

although, according to the article our arrested friend posted, there is some ambiguity as to what will constitute a 1st offense.

this is interesting, here, you want the league to act above the law, but in other instances...you condemn them for possibly doing so...

Violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence and sexual assault that involve physical force will be subject to enhanced discipline. A first offense will be subject to a suspension of six weeks without pay. Mitigating circumstances will be considered, and more severe discipline will be imposed if there are aggravating circumstances such as the presence or use of a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman or in the presence of a child. A second offense will result in banishment from the league; an offender may petition for reinstatement after one year but there is no assurance that the petition will be granted. These disciplinary consequences apply to all NFL personnel.

I dont know that Alsacs is asking them to act above the law, but rather within the rules that they have created. It seems they rely heavily on the victim cooperating which is highly unlikely in a case where the victim stands to lose as much financially as the aggressor.

here is some more info specific to this case. Sounds like these two were great for each other.

Brown's ex-wife told police of over 20 incidents

Violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence and s e xual assault that involve physical force will be subject to enhanced discipline. A first offense will be subject to a suspension of six weeks without pay. Mitigating circumstances will be considered, and more severe discipline will be imposed if there are aggravating circumstances such as the presence or use of a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman or in the presence of a child. A second offense will result in banishment from the league; an offender may petition for reinstatement after one year but there is no assurance that the petition will be granted. These disciplinary consequences apply to all NFL personnel.

I dont know that Alsacs is asking them to act above the law, but rather within the rules that they have created. It seems they rely heavily on the victim cooperating which is highly unlikely in a case where the victim stands to lose as much financially as the aggressor.

here is some more info specific to this case. Sounds like these two were great for each other.

Brown's ex-wife told police of over 20 incidents
hes a peach for sure.

wonder what the outcry would be if he got 6 games and there is not any evidence to back this up. clearly, she didn't have any visible wounds, so it was a he said/she said scenario where they were already having issues.

and FWIW: no way did Mara influence this. he might order the ax if this gets to be too much of a distraction.

as for me and my Giants bias, they've had so many crippling injuries the last few years...to lose a kicker to either suspension or said injury, I couldn't give a flying F. used to missing key guys. only 1 matters...the QB.

K, is 1 spot where there are likely more than 32 great ones. maybe not 40+, but im sure they can find someone.

hes a peach for sure.

wonder what the outcry would be if he got 6 games and there is not any evidence to back this up. clearly, she didn't have any visible wounds, so it was a he said/she said scenario where they were already having issues.

and FWIW: no way did Mara influence this. he might order the ax if this gets to be too much of a distraction.

as for me and my Giants bias, they've had so many crippling injuries the last few years...to lose a kicker to either suspension or said injury, I couldn't give a flying F. used to missing key guys. only 1 matters...the QB.

K, is 1 spot where there are likely more than 32 great ones. maybe not 40+, but im sure they can find someone.
If he got 6 games Zoddell is doing what he said he would do after Ray Rice.
It was most definitely John Mara backing the kicker as to why Rog gave 1 game.
Just like he knocked one game off the Rooney families Levon Bell 4 game suspension.
Zoodell is a power hungry tyrant who does what the Rooney/Mara families want.

Your HC has been a constant no comment on Brown in training camp because your owner wants him.
It doesn't matter if it's a he said she said if you read the Daily News article and see her story you know Brown is a POS.

Zodell gives certain owners Baltimore/NYG/Pittsburgh and drops the hammer on others. Roger Goodell and the NFL front offices are liars and people that can't be trusted.
MLB and NBA commissioners are just as business savy as Goodell but not untrustworthy POS.

hes a peach for sure.

Just like he knocked one game off the Rooney families Levon Bell 4 game suspension.

Your HC has been a constant no comment on Brown in training camp because your owner wants him.
It doesn't matter if it's a he said she said if you read the Daily News article and see her story you know Brown is a POS.

Zodell gives certain owners Baltimore/NYG/Pittsburgh and drops the hammer on others. Roger Goodell and the NFL front offices are liars and people that can't be trusted.
MLB and NBA commissioners are just as business savy as Goodell but not untrustworthy POS.

as a fan of DC comics and Superman, I love the moniker Zoddell, but I digress.

the HC has been a constant no comment because Pat Hanlon is great at his job.

there does seem to be evidence that he is lenient towards non-serial cheating owners and franchises...and those who cooperate.

Goodell screwed up big time, but why would Mara make such a big deal over a Kicker? I don't think Mara had anything to do with this bad decision.

hes a peach for sure.

I agree that Mara had nothing to do with the suspension. I just think that Goodell made a rule that he thought would pacify people and when he had the opportunity to enforce it,he abandoned it completely.

as a fan of DC comics and Superman, I love the moniker Zoddell, but I digress.

the HC has been a constant no comment because Pat Hanlon is great at his job.

there does seem to be evidence that he is lenient towards non-serial cheating owners and franchises...and those who cooperate.

he wasn't lenient to the Chiefs, or for that matter the Saints. I find it funny that we are still saying Brady didn't cooperate when he was interviewed by the NFL, its lawyers, then testified under oath. All of this fuss about the phone yet his attorney's, and the NFLPA, told him not to turn it over in the first place. Not for him but for the precedent it would create for all other player incidents. Destroying it only gave the NFL fodder to show him as uncooperative. But in reality uncooperative is not answering any questions and not testifying under oath. the rest is just noise from opposing fans.

Goodell screwed up big time, but why would Mara make such a big deal over a Kicker? I don't think Mara had anything to do with this bad decision.

Not sure, but the Giants are always getting the benefit of doubt when it comes to the league office...

Not sure, but the Giants are always getting the benefit of doubt when it comes to the league office...
to be fair, there would be no league without Wellington giving the benefit of the doubt and a ton of 'concessions'.

but I don't think your statement is accurate.

this is an odd one, I mean...its the Kicker. we can find another one.

maybe not as good...or maybe as good.

whats Bjorn Nitmo up to??

to be fair, there would be no league without Wellington giving the benefit of the doubt and a ton of 'concessions'.

Meh, I'm still bitter about 2012.

The Saints had guys put in witness protection for an entire year for things less egregious than Odell Beckham committed against Josh Norman.

I wish Tagliabue was still commish.

Bjorn last posted in 2012 I think.

Meh, I'm still bitter about 2012.

The Saints had guys put in witness protection for an entire year for things less egregious than Odell Beckham committed against Josh Norman.

I wish Tagliabue was still commish.

Bjorn last posted in 2012 I think.
premeditated v heat of the moment.

I think the confusion was you saying 6 games even if innocent? I'm not sure I follow what that means either.

Honestly even looking at this from a PR pov this one is pretty easy. He's a kicker, you cut the guy and take the good pub for "taking a stand" Unless they really think Brown was railroaded and his wife is making up the stories.

I think the confusion was you saying 6 games even if innocent? I'm not sure I follow what that means either.

Honestly even looking at this from a PR pov this one is pretty easy. He's a kicker, you cut the guy and take the good pub for "taking a stand" Unless they really think Brown was railroaded and his wife is making up the stories.
By innocent I meant not convicted of any charges in court.

Brown is being defended by Mara in the media today. Brown isn't a first time offender either he was guilty of beating his girlfriend while he was in college at Nebraska.

Zoddell could have easily given this guy 6 games without Brown's wife cooperating but he doesn't care when it involves that classy John Mara's Giants.

Also F he Mara family saved football bullchit. If the NFL folded another football league would have formed as during those times college football was more popular than pro football. John Mara is spoiled rich boy who has never worked a day in his life thanks to his dad. He was born on 3rd base and now he get preferential treatment from Zodell.

Last edited:
By innocent I meant not convicted of any charges in court.

Brown is being defended by Mara in the media today. Brown isn't a first time offender either he was guilty of beating his girlfriend while he was in college at Nebraska.

Zoddell could have easily given this guy 6 games without Brown's wife cooperating but he doesn't care when it involves that classy John Mara's Giants.

Also F he Mara family saved football bullchit. If the NFL folded another football league would have formed as during those times college football was more popular than pro football. John Mara is spoiled rich boy who has never worked a day in his life thanks to his dad. He was born on 3rd base and now he get preferential treatment from Zodell.
You're so far up Brady's butt with the poor choices he's made and consequences thereoff, you've lost sight of reality.

This is my favorite...another league would've formed...sure, except...now stay with me here...IT DIDNT.

Why??

Because of Well.

Glad you think that being a practicing lawyer is not working, because that's what John did for 12 years before joining the family business.