GREAT showing by you Cuse fans that made the trip! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GREAT showing by you Cuse fans that made the trip!

My wife, 8 year old daughter and I drove from STL and had a great time. The people were so nice and welcoming. I was shocked how SEC eccentric the fans were. I figured they would be very pro SEC, but I had two separate people ask me what conference Syracuse was in...I was like What??? As a football fan I am shocked that people didn't know that. I am not being a Cuse homer, but as a fan you I should think you know what conference every P5 team is in?? Maybe I am too obsessed. I am re-watching the game right now and MAN the LSU D was EXHAUSTED at the 6 minute mark in the 4th quarter. This is what Dino was talking about with the offense. There is no doubt you can wear your opponent down. You could tell from the stands that they were gassed and when you got the close up on TV it was clearly evident.

on our way out of the stadium, one of the LSU fans said that he was very impressed with my team and thought we were headed in the right direction. He said that he thought the wrong team won that night. Ten minutes later, another LSU fan told me that if the game was three drives longer Syracuse would have won, and that he felt fortunate to escape with the W.

We might have lost the game, but we definitely won some respect in their fan base.

We bought tix up in 410 (great view, cuse contingency down to our left) and the woman smartly said "we need to get down there for the 2nd half".

I was able to spot LeMoyneCuse and he had openings in front of him. Got down there right as the second half was about to begin and the air left our section with that LSU TD.

What a battle back for the Orange. Amazing to chat amongst us like "wow a safety would be huge ... need a score here ... need a turnover..." and all those things were happening. Electric.

Wish we took home a W with us but what an amazing trip. I highly recommend going to an away game especially if it's a place we rarely visit. Awesome trip.

Still afraid to check my credit card statement. Trivia question; did SU score more points than hurricanes purchased? TBD.

I was talking to 2 LSU band alums who were sitting in front of me. They seemed really impressed by the team and our turnout. At one
point in the second half when we scored, and we started another loud, "Let's Go Orange" chant, he turned and asked, "Do y'all know just one cheer?!"
“Sorry sir, we just had a war between a bell and a train whistle and have been pretty preoccupied.”

Just thought I would add, I am a uber driver so I listen to sxm 84 which has college football talk all week. On Monday the hosts of the show were talking about big stadiums and the lethargic fans and stated " I could clearly hear the "Let's go Orange " chant in the press box.. Kudos Orange fans...Now who is joining me and my daughter in Louisville

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom