Great song for the past few days: Rush - Bravado | Syracusefan.com

Great song for the past few days: Rush - Bravado

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
The title reminds me more of the board leading up to the game, whereas the lyrics are pretty all encompassing of everything around the program(and life in general). Not perfect, but close enough and quite emotional. Very fitting in my opinion, I never really associated this with sports until about 5 minutes ago.

If we burn our wings
Flying too close to the sun
If the moment of glory
Is over before it's begun
If the dream is won
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price,
But we will not count the cost

When the dust has cleared
And victory denied
A summit too lofty
River a little too wide
If we keep our pride
Though paradise is lost
We will pay the price,

And if the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain
All the hope and glory
All the sacrifice in vain
[And] if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price,

One of my favorite Rush songs of that era. Interesting to me how the lyrics basically say, "whatever it is you want, go for it and forsake the rest" and I've wondered how these lyrics might have been differently written or written at all had this been AFTER the tragedies in Neil's life; would he prioritize differently or is his muse just that strong?

I never thought of them as applied to a team, but since the core message is what it is, I guess it makes sense.

One of my favorite Rush songs of that era. Interesting to me how the lyrics basically say, "whatever it is you want, go for it and forsake the rest" and I've wondered how these lyrics might have been differently written or written at all had this been AFTER the tragedies in Neil's life; would he prioritize differently or is his muse just that strong?

I never thought of them as applied to a team, but since the core message is what it is, I guess it makes sense.

One of my favorites too. It was giving me a lump in the throat when I had the beginning of 2nd verse in my head, so I decided to post it on here. I guess I was also thinking of the fanbase on here as well as the team, as I consider us an extended part of the same organism. I think sometimes we don't count the cost and realize how big a part of our lives this team has become.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom