Great team win | Syracusefan.com

Great team win

Fjoinkay

Starter
A week ago Virginia Tech beat UNC 34-3 with just 264 yards of total offense. Yesterday against SU, Virginia Tech had 468 yards of total offense (almost doubling what they gained against UNC), but they could only muster 17 points (which is half the point total they had against UNC). SU's defense did bend some, but they were disciplined and they avoided giving up the big plays.

On offense yesterday Dungey was fantastic running the ball and also finding the open receiver taking what the defense was giving. You can see that Dungey's completions were spread around among Philips-11, Estime-8, Ishmael-6, and Etta-Tawo-5. Dungey managed the game well and executed the offense at a high level. I think one week ago against Wake, if the weather had been different, we may have seen a similar result in Winston-Salem.

During the 4th quarter against Virginia Tech I was impressed with SU's demeanor. They competed and their body language looked a lot like what you would expect from a team that has already been-there-and-done-that rather than a team that was a heavy dog at home looking for just it's 3rd win of the season. Looking forward to next week. Go Cuse!!

That was absolutely an all around team win. I like that we didn't play a perfect game too. It means that we can be even better than what we saw yesterday.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom