Great win - confidence builder & identity creator | Syracusefan.com

Great win - confidence builder & identity creator

swish7

All Conference
Abso fantastic win. On the road? Out-toughing the home team in the last 7 minutes of the game for 2 TDs? Are you kidding me?!? Those kinds of wins happen when you do some serious conditioning in the offseason, and play the kind of schedule we do early.

We out-toughed a team that historically has out-toughed us, and "out-toughing" is something I love to see in football.

We are one receiver away from being a top 25 team this year. We've got nothing after Broyld. Give us a couple of NC State's receivers, and go with Hunt earlier, and we might make some noise.

It seems we always play teams with a great QB. Not the case today. They were awful, or our defense was so great, we made them look awful. Personally, I get what Barrel is saying about the Hunt/Allen decision. Hunt is a winner and leader, but his throwing is suspect.

Jerome Smith, Gulley, and Hunt all run angry. It's our best offensive asset. No wonder we pumped this well so much against Clemson. Ridiculously good effort from our defense today. "Playing Angry" is our identity. We play angry on offense and defense.

Will this be enough against the remainder of the schedule? Remains to be seen.

Much like today, GT, WF, MD, & Pitt, are all peer games. FSU and Boston College loom large.

Should be a similar challenge next week against Ga Tech. A game Team Swish will be at! I need to get my stuff together, get a parking pass, and meet up with some of you great folks there.

Last edited:
Agree that yesterday was an "identity game". The term hard-nosed came to fruition. We will run the ball down your throat and play aggressive, blitzing, hard hitting defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom