GT Guru on why SU out for NN | Syracusefan.com

GT Guru on why SU out for NN

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
FWIW this was posted on the Hoya Board a couple of hours ago by their recruiting insider (GT version of Jake I guess):
Same source as before, nothing particularly new. Paraphrased. Georgetown still leader. MCW not thrilled with Cuse. Nerlens' mom not high on cuse. NN didn't love idea of playing with Coleman. Cuse is in 3rd. Cal putting on full court press. Really pushing the back-to-back titles and telling NN that Shabazz is in. NN has hesitations of being compared to Davis, but wants to win a title and think UK is best shot.

Hope this ain't so. Still seems awfully strange that NN apparently is friendly with MCW, Rak, DC2 and continues to tweet them, feels really comfortable with them and the coaching staff yet is choosing to go elsewhere where he isn't close with anyone. I don't think that makes sense and still think we're not out of it when it gets to decision hour. Francis/Jake/Bees: are you hearing the above?

I'd find it hard to believe MCW is frustrated, unless it's behind the scenes with something else. He knows he's the guy this year and he knows 90% of freshman go through what he did last year (Noel won't obviously).

I suppose I could buy the DC2 thing though.

seems like we need an MCW check...is he all in 'Cuse...did not playing hurt his psyche...if we know that we may learn something about the NN recruitment.

Considering all signs point to Shabazz going to UCLA, this source sounds like nothing but words. And words are wind.

Let me just handle the next ten replies:

1. Georgetown has fans, let alone insiders?
2. LOL, MCW not happy. He's getting the keys to a Maserati
3. Only NN knows where he's going
4. Has Bjorn heard this yet? Should we check on him?
5. Ok, so why's he tweeting our players
6. Francis? Jake? Please reassure us
7. Figures, Cal just filed his taxes so now he has the cash to spend
8. How many times does NN have to say he doesn't want to follow in Davis' footsteps?
9. Who cares what his mom thinks? Didn't stop that LSU kid.
10. We've recruited him the longest. He's ours.

Doesn't UK also have a top 15 center recruit coming in? It's not like they have no one.

UK pushing hard for Oriakhi also menas they're not high on their chances. Gotta be GT throwing all their assets at Noel's feet.

EDIT: Ahh screw it, I just take #1 and #8 please, to go.

Doesn't UK also have a top 15 center recruit coming in? It's not like they have no one.

UK pushing hard for Oriakhi also menas they're not high on their chances. Gotta be GT throwing all their assets at Noel's feet.
CBS today said Oriakhi and Noel have talked about playing together; although I doubt NN would go to Lexington solely to play with Alex Oriakhi. Also kind of ironic since Drummond stole a lot of AO's PT last year.

Carter-Williams will be starting next season. I don't know why he wouldn't be thrilled?

8. How many times does NN have to say he doesn't want to follow in Davis' footsteps?

I'm okay with this

Did mcw possibly tell people he was pissed he didnt get more time? Sure, and he probably did so. Hes confident, extremely skilled, and obviously very competitive. Thats a good thing, and fromall indications he worked his ass off and was a great teammate.

1)If MCW wasn't thrilled with the Cuse, then he wouldn't be wasting his time trying to get his boy to come play with him.
2)Agree that Mom isn't as high on SU as she is for G-Town, but remember it's Nerlens not Momma making the final choice.
3)Doesn't matter who is in what place now, as Bees said all that matters is whose on top at the end.
4)Pay Pal Cal is pushing more than back to back titles and lol if he's saying Shabazz is in when UCLA and Adidas has him in their back pocket.

1)If MCW wasn't thrilled with the Cuse, then he wouldn't be wasting his time trying to get his boy to come play with him.
2)Agree that Mom isn't as high on SU as she is for G-Town.
3)Doesn't matter who is in what place now, as Bees said all that matters is whose on top at the end.
4)Pay Pal Cal is pushing more than back to back titles and lol if he's saying Shabazz is in when UCLA and Adidas has him in their back pocket.
Any idea what our pitch is? Everyone involved seems to be getting their hands "dirty".

Unintentionally--you were right on at least one of your points [#2].

Any idea what our pitch is? Everyone involved seems to be getting their hands "dirty".
The other 2 schools are getting their hands dirty because they know who Noel's #1 choice would be. It's crunch time so they're trying to up the ante which=desperation mode.

The other 2 schools are getting their hands dirty because they know who Noel's #1 choice would be. It's crunch time so they're trying to up the ante which=desperation mode.
So this jives with the thought a little while back that we are the favorite unless shenanigans are involved. Im guessing shenanigans are now very much involved hence the feeling that as of today we are 3rd behind UK and Gtown, even though this could change in our favor by Wednesday?

So this jives with the thought a little while back that we are the favorite unless shenanigans are involved. Im guessing shenanigans are now very much involved hence the feeling that as of today we are 3rd behind UK and Gtown, even though this could change in our favor by Wednesday?
Bingo! Like others have said, things have been changing daily. So we just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

colbert.jpg

Did you expect them to sit back and pretend they had no chance.
No they stretch the truth with lies a no brainer.

Kentucky putting on a full court press?? No, they decided they were going to call Noel once and wait for him to return the call.

Not taking this guy seriously. Watch how easy this is:

Hey guys, I talked to my source again. He said that Georgetown is out of the running. Noel wants to contend for a national championship and Gtown simply doesn't have the surrounding talent especially with with Thompson leaving early. It's a joke to him that he would be starting next to Nate freakin Lubick. That's a slap in the face to be in the same starting front court as him. He's also smart enough to realize that Ewing Mourning and Motumbo's success there over 20 years ago has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his own success. You can't walk into Jordan's home and absorb his skill. Nerlens doesn't want to be the next Henry Sims - a four year point-center who was stuck on the foul line and told to feed backdoor passes to cutting 5'11 shooting guards. Cal is making is usual last minute surge for NN - watch out for Kentucky. Who knows what will transpire with WWW in his ear now.

I'd find it hard to believe MCW is frustrated, unless it's behind the scenes with something else. He knows he's the guy this year and he knows 90% of freshman go through what he did last year (Noel won't obviously).

I suppose I could buy the DC2 thing though.

I am the other "middle aged fan" who was wearing a high-top fade at the AA Championship game in New Orleans last weekend. It is total bunk that NN doesn't like DC2. NN came out of the locker room after their game and sat near both Jerami Grant and DC2. He could have sat anywhere in the arena since there were lots of empty seats. He also left for a few minutes to get a drink and returned to sit with our guys. It was apparent to me that he felt comfortable sitting with them.

I am the other "middle aged fan" who was wearing a high-top fade at the AA Championship game in New Orleans last weekend. It is total bunk that NN doesn't like DC2. NN came out of the locker room after their game and sat near both Jerami Grant and DC2. He could have sat anywhere in the arena since there were lots of empty seats. He also left for a few minutes to get a drink and returned to sit with our guys. It was apparent to me that he felt comfortable sitting with them.
I meant playing with him. I wasn't saying that he didn't like DC2 as a person (although I could see why someone would make that mistake re-reading my post)

Francis, do you know if the syracuse coaches have been able to speak with Noel in the past week?