G'town vs. Duke | Syracusefan.com

G'town vs. Duke

Cuse House

All American
So far the Hoyas look like the better team. Coach K is utilizing much more zone defense. I think it has a lot to do with Duke being a very nonphysical team this year, I actually like our match up with Duke. We are weak down low and they are a bunch of skinny freshman besides Plumlee. Also, they showed the battle 4 atlantis bracket and no mention of the Cuse which goes to show we need to prove ourselves. Let's hope Duke wins this thing.

And there they go on a nice little run. Grayson Allen is the type of guard we are lacking, he attacks the rim first and shoots second.

I want to cheer for Georgetown because of my pure hate for Duke.

But OOC performance by your league is critical in determining what "middle of the pack" big conference teams get in the tournament. This would make 4 losses already by UNC, Duke and Virginia. A conference needs quality wins to help out out its middle of the pack teams.

I didn't think there was ever an acceptable reason to cheer for Georgetown?

I became a big college basketball around 1990, and have more of a national view of it. Duke is much more despicable to me.

Certainly respect for those who hate the Hoyas more for the scum they were in the 80's.

Duke is weak defensively. It feels like Allen is to them what G is to us. The frosh the got this year ain't the frosh they got last year

I became a big college basketball around 1990, and have more of a national view of it. Duke is much more despicable to me.

Certainly respect for those who hate the Hoyas more for the scum they were in the 80's.
Sorry...but there is no reason for a Syracuse fan to EVER root for G-town...unless it's to root for them to win the title of the most despicable team in college basketball history.

However, it is permissible for a Syracuse fan to be disappointed when G-town loses.
Disappointed that they didn't lose by more.

Go spend 5 minutes reading a Georgetown message board, or sit next to the few of their fans that show up at the Carrier Dome when we play them and you'll change your mind. Old, stuffy, dorky, elitist for no reason alumni wearing ugly sweaters, or annoying geek students that make the Cameron Crazies seem like cool guys that you wouldn't mind having a beer with, in comparison.

We missed not getting govan, great hands
I saw Govan last year play vs Kevin Huerter and Shen. Based on the one game I wasn't impressed. Maybe he had an off game but he seemed that the game was too fast for him. Didn't get to watch him today but maybe he had a great off season.

Georgetown will be a very tough game. Not sure how on earth they lost to Radford

Georgetown. They lost to Radford because they stinkon D. They certainly can score though.

Sorry...but there is no reason for a Syracuse fan to EVER root for G-town...unless it's to root for them to win the title of the most despicable team in college basketball history.

However, it is permissible for a Syracuse fan to be disappointed when G-town loses.
Disappointed that they didn't lose by more.

I'll cheer against whomever I want. And I will cheer for Syracuse the way I want.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Duke is weak defensively. It feels like Allen is to them what G is to us. The frosh the got this year ain't the frosh they got last year

Yes. Allen is twice the athlete G is though and that isn't meant to be a jab at G. Allen did win a McD dunk contest along with his perimeter skills. We saw some of his ability off the bounce in the national championship game.

And finally...two points:

A comment that may never again be seen on this board: Thank you, Grayson Allen.

And two, go Bryant!
(Saturday Georgetown v. Bryant).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom