Guys are playing more minutes than their production justifies | Syracusefan.com

Guys are playing more minutes than their production justifies

We can agree on that, right?

Buddy, Marek, Girard... all rotational guys. No issues with it. They are not 30-35 minute players.

Hughes is. Nobody else is.

But who else plays?

Let’s see if I understand.

You think Buddy, Marek and Gerard should play less, but you don’t have any idea who should get the minutes?

He's saying, if you even made the slightest attempt to understand and see what's plain as day, is that this roster lacks good players.
I don’t think anyone could understand that internally inconsistent post. It’s just more complaining to my ear.

It’s sort of like your more direct post, laced with frustration and anger that you think you are entitled to.

Yeah, we know JB do what he do, but he's gotten into this habit of playing guys some excessive minutes.

I don't consider it a virtue.

So you don’t think Boeheim plays the best players he has available?

Braswell at the least deserves more Minutes. He would give us more athleticism and he is a threat where Marek isn’t. Marek still can’t score.

Why does Braswell “deserve” more minutes?

What about the things Marek does well that Braswell hasn’t showed he can do at all?

Boeheim has a lengthy track record of playing his best max minutes in November/December, at times missing the opportunity to develop more players for March. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I thought practice, not games, is where you develop players.

Every player we threw out there tonight except Elijah and possibly Sidibe had bad games. It is still November. I wouldn’t panic just yet.
Some of this complaining is just crazy.
I don't know man. The team was overmatched by a very mediocre team. if okie st is not one of the 2 worst teams in the b12 I'll be very surprised

On offense Hughes, Girard and Dolezaj(despite 2 boards) all make others around them better. I am ok with them having over 30 because of it. Girard needs to continue to be aggressive off the bounce, and refrain from playing tentative safe ball with the handle. He had 9 assists tonight, and it takes so much stress off of Hughes who had 28 tonight on 8 of 15 because of it.

Defensive team shot 50% against a offensive team who shot 33%. Will be a blowout every night.

Last edited:
Why does Braswell “deserve” more minutes?

What about the things Marek does well that Braswell hasn’t showed he can do at all?

He can score, he’s more athletic and good in the zone. Every time he’s been in the game for 2 years it seems good things happen. Now Marek has made some plays over the years, but he missed about 3 floaters and 5 free throws tonight. He wasn’t the only player that wasn’t good, but he was absolutely terrible tonight. Braswell came in and instantly hit a 3. He’s a threat out to 20 feet and we can’t play a non scorer at the 4 when Sidibe is in the game. It makes life to difficult for the guards and Eli.

Braswell at the least deserves more Minutes. He would give us more athleticism and he is a threat where Marek isn’t. Marek still can’t score.

Can we all agree at this point that Marek is just not very good? I mean he's a fine energy guy in spots, but he's unbelievably weak, has almost zero offensive game (partly because he almost never looks for his own shot) and would never play the minutes that he plays now on a Syracuse team of old. I really wish some of his minutes would go to Braswell, who is more athletic, a better shooter (who actually looks for his shots) and has proven that he can be aggressive on the glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom